1 - concussions

yeah it's taylor swift and harry styles. get over it.

edit: this story makes me cringe so i'll edit it and hopefully my eyes won't burn anymore when i'm done! :-)

edit #2: what the fuk am i even doing this story cannot be salvaged but please go on and read if you want to feel like you've lost all your brain cells.

"Taylor if you don't hurry up, you're gonna be stuck here in Nashville picking pests out of the Christmas trees and I am pretty sure you won't like that."

That was my mother for you. Always pushing me out of the house every chance she gets. Oh, I'm Taylor and I am one very late girl. I like to take my time and do what I have to, well, maybe I take more time than I should. I mean, this face wouldn't look the same without finishing the masterpiece.

I continue through my well-practiced make up routine until I'm fairly satisfied with the result. Remember, Taylor, eyebrows are sisters not twins.

Everything's set and I'm headed out the door, I'm carrying everything that I need, which isn't much, just some clothes to last me a month, my make up and my guitar. I've ran through my checklist twice to make sure I wouldn't forget anything, god forbid I leave the mascara I spent $95 on. As I'm mentally checking everything I shouldn't forget, I see my mom bursting out the waterworks and if she doesn't stop soon, I might as well unpack my make up cause I'm sure I'll have to redo my eye area. That would suck since my cat eye is very much on point today.

"Mom, if you don't stop crying, I'm gonna end up crying and then I'm really never gonna get out of here. And let me tell you, mom, I really want to see New York." I whispered into her ear as we hugged for what may be the last time in a few months.

She sniffled and took a deep breath, let go of the hug and kept her hold on my arms. " I know baby girl. I'll miss having you around here."

"I'll miss you too, mom. I'll call every chance I get. I promise you, when I make it, I'll even bring you to New York with me," I say.

"I would like that very much. Take care hun. Follow your dreams for me," she replies.

I smiled one last time at her, and I stepped out into the cold air. I wonder if everyday will feel like this. I'm not given much time to dwell in my thoughts as the cab I've hired has probably honked the horn about three times while waiting.

I looked around at the picturesque scene that has unfolded in front of my eyes. This is the last time I'm going to see this place for a while, and before I know it, my eyes have turned glassy. Who knows when I'll even be back next? Either really soon, or after a very long time. Although, coming back soon would mean that I hadn't made it, something that I didn't want to see happening

The drive to the airport didn't take as long as I expected, or maybe it was just because I was too busy thinking. For the past 18 years, I've been sleeping in my parents' house and now that I finally get my own, the thought scares me. The driver took out my luggage from the trunk of his cramped up cab and waited for the excuse of a tip that I am about to hand over.

I've been instructed to look for a man with a sign holding my name, but it seems that he has found me first. I go plummeting to the ground as we collide and I feel the ache in my hands and knees that I used to support my fall.