2 - caught staring

If you've made it out alive from the first chapter, I applaud you and you definitely deserve a medal.

Long flights were a bitch. The few hours that it took from the United States to the United Kingdom seemed to have drained all the energy I had left in me. Although, there really wasn't much to begin with. I blame my lack of energy mostly on the boys on my flight who could basically double as balls of energy, aside from the olive-skinned one, who's name I had learned was, Zayn. He kept to himself through the whole flight, I could tell because his loud snoring was a dead giveaway that no conversation would be made between him and any other human being present at the scene.

I unbuckled my belt, then raised my hands up to stretch my aching limbs. Each cracking sound of the bone I heard gave me such a relief, knowing that I've managed to stretch my limbs out perfectly. It was probably down to the last few hours of this flight, and everyone has managed to calm down, each and every person keeping to themselves. Liam busied himself by looking out the window at the picturesque view of the ocean and sky clashing against each other. Louis had his nose stuck in the middle of a Men's Health magazine with David Beckham on the cover, he must be a fan or he's just really trying to get fit, I thought. Niall plugged his headphones into the iPad that he'd brought out of his bag and proceeded to select just the right track to doze off to. Zayn had not budged an inch since the plane took off and the glow he was emitting showed that he was content not socializing as long as it meant that he'd get enough sleep. Then there was Harry, who was staring at my direction while lost in thought.

I sent him a small wave that seemed to have shook him out of his trance. He sent me a small smile, which was show-stopping nonetheless. He unbuckled his belt and grabbed a book, To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han, definitely not what I was expecting. He took about four long strides to my direction and sat himself down on the unoccupied seat beside me.

"So, how do you know the Big One?" he asked, then faced me as he awaited my answer.

"Oh, he's my mom's brother. He's like a dad to me," I replied, hoping with all I have that he was referring to Uncle Simon because, it would be extremely embarrassing if he wasn't.

"That explains a lot," he said.

He slumped further into the seat, making himself comfortable. Good for him, I thought. He was getting comfortable beside me, while I could barely move since I didn't want to do anything wrong. He opened his book, and retrieved his bookmark, an old credit card with a guitar pick-shaped hole in it. He makes his own guitar picks, how quirky. He must've noticed how tense I seemed, cause after flipping through a few pages, he offered me a sleeping pack, which consisted of a plush neck pillow, an eye mask made from cotton and silk, and a velvety soft blanket. My lips pursed into a smile, then I put the pillow around my neck, the eye mask over my eyes and the blanket over my body, while I waited for sleep to engulf me. Thankfully, it took me as soon as I shut my eyes.

I jolted awake as my body was shook by the landing of the plane. It wasn't smooth but, did any plane landing feel smooth? I opened my eyes and blinked a few times just to clear my eyes, and as I faced to my side, I almost jumped out of my seat. Beside me was Harry, fast asleep with his mouth open, it was cute.

Getting hit behind the neck has caught up to me, and when I get up after the seatbelt sign has been switched off I almost collapse. There was an ache on the back of my head that could not be ignored, so I sat back down and closed my eyes for a minute but, as soon as I shut my eyes, I feel someone softly tapping me on the shoulder.

"We have to leave, Taylor. The longer we wait here, the more people are gonna show up," Harry said. I groaned in response, showing him signs that I was in pain. Then suddenly, he grabbed my hand, and my eyes flew open.

"Come on," he coaxed me. So I stood up, and we walked out of the plane, hand-in-hand. I could hear the faint screams of the fans waiting in the airport, and this only worsened the ache that I felt. Harry squeezed my hand supportively, saying that everything will be alright, without saying anything at all.

We get to the hotel without speaking a word. We were all tired and to be frank, I would just lie down here if it were possible. We don't go through the standard process of checking into a hotel, instead, we are immediately led to the seventh floor, which was blocked out just for us. The keys were distributed to us by the bodyguards and we all rushed into our own rooms. I don't know about them, but I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.