Chapter 5: Family

(Y/n) pov

"I think we found Chris Hackett." Laura spoke. The chains rattled as I saw the new Chris. Ryan walked near Laura as I heard one of the chains snap. "G-guys I don't think you should be that close." Another chain snapped. As soon as Ryan went to turn to me the final chain snapped and the floor caved in. I gasped and fell back.

"Not now! Come on!" I heard Laura saying. Then I saw blood covering the room. Laura transformed. I wasn't too sure what to do since Ryan could die from Laura or Chris. But then I heard a gun shot and then silence. I looked down the hole to see a bloody Laura, Travis, and Ryan. "Everything okay now?" I asked.

Ryan climbed on the table and nodded. "Yeah it is." He held out his hand for me. I took it and jumped down. "So now everything is back to normal...?" Laura said. "Over? You think this is it? This ain't over." Travis spoke as me and Ryan climbed down. "But Chris is dead." Ryan said. I shook my head.

"He wasn't the first." Laura shook her head. "That can't be possible." "Caleb. Kaylee the girl you shot her brother." Travis looked down. Laura and Ryan seemed so confused. "Caleb bit Kaylee and my brother. He was a good man my brother." Still that confused the two.

I looked outside. "Sun rise is soon." I spoke mainly to myself. "We have to find Silas. He's the one who bit Caleb. We've been tracking him for years." Travis said. "White wolf is near." I spoke again. "What you say!?" My head snapped to the direction. "What the hell you say?!" Travis got in my face holding my collar.

Laura and Ryan shouted at him. "N-near the cabin." Travis finally let go. "It all makes sense. You know it too right. I mean that's why you're here. He's been here for months he's what drove you off 2 months ago." Travis looked at Laura. "Please help me. We can end all this. We can still save what's left of my family." He walked near the door.

"Why should I trust you?" Laura asked. "I'm not asking you to trust me. I'm saying we can end this." Laura agreed. "Can somebody please get me some fucking clothes." She walked out. Travis followed. I stared out the window. "You good?" I nodded knowing who it was already. "Why can't you tell me more to the story?" Ryan asked.

"Too long." I bluntly said. "Well can you tell me one thing?" I didn't say anything. "Why does it seem like you and Travis are both wanting different things?" I froze at that.

"What do you mean?" I asked. "I may have only known you for 2 months but I have learned a lot about you. That you become a talkative person if it's a subject you like. You zone out if it's something you don't like. And you don't like sharing your ideas even though they're really good ones." I sat down on the table.

"(Y/n) who is Silas to you?" I opened my mouth to speak but then another voice interrupted us. "Love birds let's go." I sighed hearing Laura. Ryan stuck out his hand. "Let's end this nightmare." I nodded grabbing his hand. We walked outside to the patrol car.

It was over all quiet. I kept looking through the windows. "So what happened 6 years ago?" Laura asked. "A fire happened killing dozens of people and down we have werewolves and a ghost who looks for her lost baby boy.... Which I just figured out was Silas." Ryan said.

"It's a long story." Travis glared at Ryan. "Not really there was a fire that led 'Silas the wolf boy' escape. He bit your family and you failed to stop him." Laura spoke. "Burn." Ryan added. "If you want to know more about the past why not ask her." I looked out window as I felt eyes on me.

"She has nothing to do with the past." Ryan defended me. "Really? Cause she's related to that fucking witch! And you probably didn't even know it until today!" Travis voice echoed in my mind. "We just want to know what we're up against." Laura said trying to calm the mood.

"We're up against a boy turned werewolf for the past 6 years and has avoided being found. We looked every full moon. And now this son of a bitch is here. So we're up against the thing that I'm going to end." Laura was about to ask a question when something landed on the car.

I held my head so I wouldn't knock myself out. Ryan did and was slouched over as Laura held the wheel for Travis. Eventually the whole car went to a halt. The werewolf was pushed off the car. "Silas." I whispered. He ran off. I was urgent to run out but I remembered Ryan.

I gently shook him. "Are we there yet?" I sighed in relief. "Come on." I spoke getting out of the car. Travis was already out with his gun. "Found something." He pointed to the ground. I didn't care about how long the others would take I followed the blood quick.

"(Y/n)!" I heard Ryan. I couldn't let them take this from me. Not now. I kept following until I lost track of it. Arms wrapped around me. "Hey!" It was Ryan. I tried to push him off. "(Y/n) calm down!" I shook my head. "No, you can't take this from!" I looked down trying to break free from Ryan.

"Can you calm the fuck down." I heard Travis. It went quiet the only thing you could hear was my heavy breathing. "This is where I saw her." Laura spoke. "Who?" "The old women. She kept saying the same thing over and over. Oh my god it was Silas."

"That's impossible." Travis shook his head. "No I saw her too. In the tunnels." Ryan agreed with Laura. "That's Eliza Vorez. Silas mother, right." Travis looked at me. I nodded. "Who was she?" Laura asked.

"As far as I know she ran a traveling side show called Harum Scarum. Came here 6 years back. Kept her son in a cage. Called him 'Silas the wolf boy.' Died in a fire. Some say she never left. We've been looking for Silas ever since." Travis looked at me. "Anything you'd like to add?"

I looked down as Ryan still never let go of me. "My aunt has always been crazy. But she was always good at reading her cards. She would always tell us a future that we could have if we made a choice. They always came true if we decided right. When Silas was born. He was my only friend. But he had a condition. One that not many knew how to deal with. My aunt spent years trying to figure out what to do with him. Then one day she disappeared. Her and Silas were gone."

I paused before continuing. "My family never really cared for them. So when they disappeared they acted like nothing was wrong. They didn't care about how Silas was the only person I have ever interacted with. They were just glad the psycho was gone. I spent 3 years looking for him until me and my sister came here. It could've been Chris or Caleb but one of them but my sister. That's when I found out about the wolves. I tracked down the side show and found the story of 'The Hag of Hacketts quarry.' I've been trying to find Silas too."

It went silent as I felt Ryan lean into me in a way to comfort me. "How did the fire start?" Laura asked. "Kaylee and Caleb." I looked at Travis as I spoke. "All she wanted to do was help him." Travis looked away. "Kaylee convinced Caleb to start a fire. A distraction. Get them enough time to release Silas. But hay burns fast and within minutes everyone was dead. Eliza, the crew. Kaylee managed to free Silas but Caleb was bit in the process."

"So that's why you've been hunting him." Laura said as Travis nodded. "So that would mean you and (Y/n) have been looking for Silas for different reasons." Travis pointed at me getting closer to me. "I swear to fucking god if you get in my way!" He lowered his voice. "I will make sure I haunt you and make your life a living hell." Ryan pushed me behind him. "Back off dude."

Travis walked off. We all looked at each other and soon followed. When we came we saw a burned down show. Ryan started looking around so I stayed behind. It wasn't until I saw her. Eliza. She screamed get out startling Ryan. He rushed to catch up. "We have to be close." I picked up the pace trying to pass Travis. If anyone was going to see Silas first it has to be me.