Prologue

My PoV

"A lonely vehicle trudges down the bogged road, its tracks cutting marks behind it.

"Good job boys, we had a good run today!"

In this post-apocalyptic world where the only members you can trust is your tank crew, each group must rely on their tank to survive. It is their home, their machine, and their weapon. As the night fell, the darkness grew more and more sullen. The rumbling of their engine was suddenly met by another distant growl.

"Heads down, we have boogies near by."

All four crew members cover their hatches and the commander activates his cheats-I mean night vision. A bright green figure is spotted, and soon they have their gun trained on them, ready to fire at any time.

"Hold your fire. Could be friendly."

Then vehicle grew nearer, nearer, until finally, a vehicle drove out onto the road in front of it.

"Well, damn."

In this world revolving around tanks, lucky crews man main battle tanks, and unlucky ones man mass-produced tanks from WW2. However, there are also factions in this world of different kind, usually specializing in a specific type of armored vehicles, even going so far as to collect vehicles in this war-torn wasteland.

Your tank is the most important thing to you, along with your buddies. Money means nothing, only what you have. A tank can be traded, found, stolen, or destroyed, depending on your goals.

"Where'd you think they found that?"

"Lucky bastards."

In front of them was one of the rarest vehicles you could find.

"A shame if we have to blast it."

The commander opened his hatch, waving a yellow flag-a flag of truce.

"Ay! Why'd you block our path? You can't win a fight with this beast, y'know."

That was true, and the Tiger crew knew it. He didn't know where this man got his tank from, but he must be either extremely lucky or extremely good to have one. The Tiger's commander opened his hatch, a thin, blonde man. He spoke with a slight German accent.

"You're trespassing on the Panzerfreiheit Faction territory. Leave now, or be destroyed."

The M1 Abrams commander laughed.

"C'mon, we're not invading, are we? We just need to pass through. We'll dilly-dally on our way in a couple of minutes!" He winked in emphasis.

"This is our territory. If you do not leave, you will be marked an enemy of the Panzerfreiheit."

The man covering the M1 Abrams smiled in a way similar to a bully who spotted a new victim. He talked friendly, but he did like fights, especially with inferior models.

"Very well. We'll pass on..."

He smirked.

"Through you."

He popped his hatch down.

"Alright lads, give them a 10 second headstart to be fair."

An 88 mm shell hit the front of the tank and bounced right off, causing no impact to the vehicle.

"8...7...6...5...4...3..."

Another shell hit the tank.

"2...1..."

Suddenly, the engine began to burn.

"Are you shitting me, another one?"

Another Tiger II had popped out behind them and penetrated right through the rear.

"Priorities, lads."

The M1 Abrams turned its turret a complete 180 and fired a single shot.

Boom.

The 105 mm DU shell ripped through the upper plate of the Tiger, causing it to burn. It quickly swiveled back and took another shot, hitting the ammunition rack. With both tanks in flames, the Abrams quickly fled the scene, missed by Leopard 2A4's who arrived on the scene minutes later."

"Hmmm, not bad for the beginning of the book." Was all I murmured after reading the first page of the book. Leaning back against the deer stand I set the book down next to Untsie before grabbing my sword I went out to the barn before walking about 10 feet from the stock tank before practicing my swordsmanship. Practicing for an hour and a half I took my shirt off before laying down in a hammock. Gazing up at the sky I watched as clouds and birds went by before feeling tired. Checking my watch I saw the time was 14:22. Deciding it was still early I closed my eyes, slowly drifting asleep.

Waking up  I was met by the sight of a glowing blue box with writing I couldn't understand.

"Are you fucking kidding me! I really must of gone insane!"

Shaking my head while I grumbled about it, I walked over to Untsie while putting my shirt back on. Chuckling as I saw her curl up into a ball I grabbed Untsie before putting her on my shoulder. Looking back at the box I could finally figure out the words.

" Welcome Gamer. Would you like to begin? Yes or No?"

Rereading it I blinked before looking at Untsie who was tilting her head a bit.

" What do you think? Should I accept it or leave it be?"

"Meow."

"Hehehe. Accept it I shall. Get ready Untsie!"

Clicking yes I waited for what was about to happen. Waiting for something to happen I checked my watch only to find that time stopped. Blinking I went to open my mouth when a portal opened up in front of me. Confused I looked at Untsie who was looking at me before nodding. Sighing I walked forward sword ready. Passing through the portal I heard it close behind me. Looking slightly behind me watching as it closed I turned my head forward catching a sight of trees. Looking up to pinpoint my location a saw something that made me eyes widen. The moon.... it... it was shattered. I only had one response to the situation. It was.......

" Well fuck me and call me Charlet. Where in the name of Shotgun am I?"

" Meow?"

Chuckling I scratched under Untsie's chin.

" Exactly."

Song:

A\N: Let me know what you think. Also give at look at kuweeby2 and Dr Destiny. There good authors to and you'll might enjoy there work.