0.0 ; prologue

0.0 ; prologue

Inside the soul of every person, there is something that tethers them to the Earth. An anchor; is one way which it could be described. However it is more than that, it is a latch that binds them to the humanity that was fostered within them from the very moment of their conception. That tacit yet irrevocably baffling connection between one person and the world in which they subsided in which made them feel fuller; like the oxygen they breathed was richer and filled with an earthy after taste and the gravity wasn't so heavy. The things that were always taken for granted by those whom could afford to. For their eyes could view every facet of the ephemeral yet seemingly eternal kaleidescope of light and colour, that one day would fade from their vision.

Sometimes, however, in times of sporadic anarchy, people are born without this fullness, without this innate zest that others around them possess and so, their breaths are a little emptier, their eyes a little duller and their lips a little paler. Instead their initially pure hearts gradually grow darker, succombing to what they had no resistance from, an all consuming void filling them until there was nothing more than a dwindling candle of light behind the shadows of their now dull iris'.

With nothing to hold them tightly to the Earth, and lift them up when the gravity of their world felt as if it would crush their bones, they slip through the cracks in humanity and become something darker. Beings that had once stood at the cusps of humanity before teetering forward too far and falling away from the edge of it, leaving behind the world of light for the oblivion which remained so readily accessible beneath the stretch of her fingertips.

But human's are remarkable, Ultron had known that himself and for that he had feared them to the point where his only option was to cull things from the Earth and allow for a new age. Yet perfunctory and hedonistic as they are, there is a capacity to learn within them and grow. None more capable of doing so than Eleanora Fitzgerald.

Bright and strong with a past of shadows watching over her, she is the perfect mix of life and death. And perhaps, even if her golden heart is doomed to fall to darkness, she of all people can learn to resist the pull of what already awaits her beneath her own sweet smile and kind eyes, festering in the depths of herself. Locked in a cage that is slowly falling away, rusting piece by crumbling piece.

[AU Pietro Maximoff story — post AOU]

an;

interestingly, this is supposed to be mostly fluffy initially because nora is a giant dork and basically socially inept. basically she's me except way cooler, and a genius and i'm very excited for this story because most of it will be my own to do and i've never seen a story done anything like i have planned before so yay.

so this dark beginning is basically why i shouldn't stay up until late hours of the morning then cook for several hours straight instead of studying for sacs.

thanks to jay for making the cover which captures nora pretty damn well tbh you are gr9.

disclaimer; i don't own the marvel universe or any of the character in this story other than nora and any other original characters i choose to add, the rest are under the ownership of marvel cinematic universe, stan lee etc etc