𝙸

Giyuu slowly opened his eyes. There he saw Sabito sitting in front of him. He blinked mutliple times. He knew it couldn't be real. Sabito was dead. At least that's what he was told. Who know's if that person was lying? Then again, why would someone lie about someone's death? If it was a prank then that must be a messed up thought process. Death wasn't something to joke about. Giyuu knew death was something to be taken seriously.

Maybe everyone all thought that Sabito died? How would that even work? They just didn't see Sabito at the end of Final Selection? Sabito, in Giyuu's opinion, was someone who was very noticable. If anyone was going to be assumed dead by everyone, it would be Giyuu. Although, if Giyuu went missing Sabito would probably be his own one man search party. Sabito wouldn't even wait, he'd just go look without even telling someone.

"Are you okay Giyuu?" Sabito asked. Giyuu was still trying to understand what was currently going on. There was no way that Sabito was in front of him. He was told that Sabito was dead.

Giyuu didn't reply to Sabito. He was still trying to comprehend what was happening. How did Sabito survive? Giyuu was told Sabito had died. How was Sabito sitting in front of Giyuu when someone from final selection said he died?

Giyuu didn't care if Sabito was supposed to be dead or not. All that mattered was Sabito being there. That's all Giyuu cared about. 

At this point, Giyuu forgot Sabito even said anything. Out of reflex, Giyuu hugged Sabito tightly. Giyuu hugged Sabito as if he was holding on for dear life. 

Of course, Sabito was confused why Giyuu hugged him so tightly. It wasn't like it was the end of the world. Sabito did know that Giyuu was known to be over dramatic sometimes. "You're acting as if I died. Are you okay? Did you have a nightmare again?" Sabito asked. 

The question brought Giyuu back to his thoughts about Final Selection. Everyone survived, but Sabito. Yet, here Sabito was, alive and breathing. Well, maybe alive and breathing. Giyuu still didn't know if Sabito was a ghost or not yet. So far, Sabito seemed to be alive. "It's nothing really," Giyuu said. 

Sabito didn't believe that it was "just nothing". It wasn't nothing. "I swear if you're thinking that you should have died again. We literally already talked about this seven days ago," Sabito's tone was mad but Giyuu knew that Sabito cared deeply for him.

It's not that, it's just I thought someone told me you died. Obviously, I'm not going to say that outloud because I'm pretty sure someone did tell me you died and that wasn't in my thoughts. Maybe my imagination is just running wild. I don't know what reality is anymore, but I'm hoping this one is real because I'd rather have an alive friend than a dead one, Giyuu thought of what his reply would be. 

"No, it's really nothing! Oh whoops, I already forgot what it was!" Giyuu lied. He hoped that Sabito believed it. There was a low chance that Sabito did believe it though. Sabito would always ask if Giyuu was sure if he had a hunch that Giyuu was lying. 

"Are you sure?" Sabito asked. 

Giyuu opened his mouth to say no, but he idmeditately closed it when he realized what he was about to say. He couldn't say no to Sabito. If he said no, then he'd have to make a lie that would sound accurate. There was no way that Giyuu was going to say Sabito if he was alive. Sabito would think he's crazy if he asked. 

"Yes, I'm sure," Giyuu replied. Obviously, he wasn't sure because he was talking to someone that supposedly died. Maybe Giyuu was talking to Sabito's ghost? That had to be it, right? Although, Sabito seemed very alive. Giyuu didn't believe that everyone in Final Selection thought Sabito died either.

Sabito didn't believe Giyuu was okay. Seven days ago, the black-haired boy did say he should have died instead of his sister. "I'm your friend so if you ever need to talk to me, I'm here for you," Sabito said reassuringly. 

Is it really healthy to rely on someone's who dead though? Or possibly dead? Or has a probability of dying soon? Giyuu thought in reply to Sabito. Giyuu had no clue if Sabito was actually alive or not. Gyiuu wanted to believe that everything the slayer told him was a nightmare and that Sabito was alive was the real world.

Giyuu decided he should tell Sabito about it, but also not tell Sabito about it at the same time. It's technically the same worry Giyuu has, just worded differently so it's not that weird.

"Sabito, do you think we're going to be together forever? What if one of us die-" before Giyuu could finish what he was asking Sabito cut him off.

"We're going to be together forever. Not even death will keep us apart! I'll always be there by your side!" Sabito reassured Giyuu. Sabito smiled at Giyuu, which made Giyuu smile back. 

Sabito's smile made Giyuu feel better. Sabito's smile also made Giyuu feel something else. Giyuu didn't know what he was feeling, but he liked the feeling for certain occasions. 

Giyuu didn't wonder about the other feeling he had when he saw Sabito's smile for too long since he was feeling since the second day the two of them met.

----------------

I had this idea for like one month and now I'm writing it down lol. I don't know if I should have just written a one shot for this idea now. It's probably just gonna be a short story now.

Word Count: 953