Protective Nick

"Okay!" Charlie called to Nick and sat at the picnic blanket he had finished laying out. Nick said he was going to go get them some food from the food truck that was nearby.

The young couple were having a perfect date that afternoon. They decided on a random summer Tuesday to spice things up by going to the park and having a picnic.

Of course that was Nick's idea, Charlie wasn't to fond of eating on the ground with bugs and grass but once Nick assured him there would be a blanket he agreed. Charlie loved that Nick always thought of romantic dates to do with him, it made him feel special.

Charlie's thoughts were interrupted as a guy he recognized from his art class walked over.

"Hey!" The guy, Ethan smiled and decided to join charlie on the blanket without asking first, which was kinda annoying. "Hi." Charlie nodded hoping he would go away before Nick came back.

"I saw you sitting at a picnic all by yourself, so I thought you'd like some company." Ethan hummed.

As nice as that was, Charlie wasn't so pleased. "Uhm, I'm not alone my-" he tried to say but Ethan interrupted him.

"So how are you doing on your art project?" Ethan asked. Charlie sighed and shrugged "I mean, fine I guess." He mumbled.

"If you need any help I'm here." Ethan smiled and kissed Charlie's cheek causing Charlie to tense.

Suddenly someone cleared their throat. Charlie and Ethan both looked up. Charlie sighed in relief as Nick was standing there with his arms crossed.

"Who are you?" Nick asked Ethan. "You are interrupting our picnic date." He made sure to say the word Date louder so Ethan would get the hint.

Nick did NOT like the fact that HIS boyfriend was being flirted with in front of him.

"Oh! I'm Ethan, I'm in Charlie's art class. I decided to join him since he seemed lonely. And he didn't mention a boyfriend." Ethan hummed.

Charlie huffed "I tried to but you interrupted me multiple times!" He squeaked.

Nick pulled Ethan up not so gently. "Don't hit on my boyfriend. He's clearly not interested."

"Jeez I was just being nice." Ethan rolled his eyes and walked off.

Charlie looked at Nick with stressed eyes "I swear I didn't want him to sit there I'm sorry" he rambled out. Nick sat besides Charlie and shushed him.

"What did we say about the S word?" Nick hummed and kissed Charlie showing that he wasn't mad.

Charlie kissed back with a soft smirk. "You," he began poking nicks chest. "Were so jealous!" He squeaked.

Nick froze a bit and blushed in embarrassment "no I wasn't!" He tried.

Charlie just giggled and kissed Nick again "it was so hot." He assured.

"My god." Nick snorted and pulled Charlie onto his lap with a grumble. "Mine."

This caused Charlie to let out another adorable giggle that Nick loves. Nick loves everything about Charlie in general.

"You don't find Ethan attractive right?" Nick suddenly felt himself ask.

Charlie looked up at Nick with big eyes "no!!! No I don't!" He assured and kissed Nick deeply to prove himself.

Nick smiled into the kiss and nodded "okay." He hid in Charlie's neck as he pulled him even closer, if possible.

"I love you." Nick mumbled into Charlie's neck.

Charlie smiled and played with Nick's hair, "I love you tooo."