Chapter 3

Author's note: Thank you for reading my book this far, I really enjoy writing as much as I enjoy drawing and I hope you enjoy reading it! New cover update! Hope you like it! I have still placed the first cover in the picture above, as I hand painted that myself, the other picture for the next chapter, chapter 4, is of one of my other cats that I RP with; another one of my drawings that I did a few years ago... Enjoy chapter 3!

Hopeflight gazed at Flamepool, her blue eyes unblinking and her whiskers static.

"I'm so sorry Hopeflight.. I..I did everything I could..." The ginger queen looked at her paws.

Before Flamepool could say another word, Hopeflight raced back to the camp and tore into the nursery.

"Lynxkit! Lynxkit! Are you in here?"

Sparrowwing was still in the clearing as the last two warriors left the camp.

"Come on Hopeflight, you have to save yourself! The whole camp is lit with the fire!"

"B..but Lynxkit is still in there!" Hopeflight thrusted her grey paws into the remaining nests that the flames had yet to touch.

The fire lit embers ignited the entrance to the den, sending intense heat and smoke into the nursery.

"Get out of there!!" Sparrowwing screeched at the top of her voice throwing Hopeflight aside with a shove in her left flank.

Hopeflight had no choice but to evacuate the camp with Sparrowwing as the burning brambles fell, sealing off the nursery entrance.

"My precious kit!"

Once out of the camp, Sparrowwing touched her tail lightly on Hopeflight's shoulder. Hopeflight looked sullenly at her paws, her heart filled with melancholy.