Chapter 1 - First time. (STARLIGHT POV)

I yawned as I raised my head, looking down at the pile of blue moss I had fell asleep on. Springing up from bed, I made my way up to the main room. As I arrived, all the holes in the walls for light were covered with moss, weird.. I walked into the middle of the room, but bumped into something wooden. I blinked twice before the moss covering the holes was pulled, and light shone into the den, revealing 3 cadas, 2 being my parents, 1 my younger brother. They shouted; "HAPPY 13TH BIRTHDAY, STARLIGHT!"
I squeeled with excitement. There was a redwood table in the middle of the room,rough around the edges and not smooth, but there was a moss plate with multiple flukefruit insides carved into the shape of a 1 layer cake. My brother, Heartfill, grabbed a sharp redwood stick and cut the flutecake into 4 slices. I took one of the slices as my family took the other ones. Although, I got the biggest piece since Heartfill can't cut anything equally. He says everything is blurry to him, but that's a lie. I-think... I ate the flutecake as fast as I could and raced to the vines covering the entrance to the outside. When cadas turn 13, they can go outside 'legally'- well, there's no laws, it's just frowned upon. Now, I could experience the outside for the first time! But suddenly, my mother, velvet, grabbed my shoulder. "Starlight, you know its dangerous out there. You should wait until-" I cut her off. "Mom, I'm not a child anymore! I can go outside if I want!" I forcefully shoved her and ran outside. There was no grass, disappointingly, but the soil was kind of like quicksand, yet us cadas somehow don't sink like other animals. Swiftly, I looked up into the black atmosphere, there were small droplets of water coming down at a fast pace. I quickly into a large, hollow, redwood log which sheltered me from the rain. While I was inside the log, there was a small reflective cube made of glass on the bottom next to my leg. I looked at it, and saw-myself. I never knew things this magnificent existed! I hummed with excitement, and was going to tell my parents about what I discovered! But.. once I stepped outside the log, my leg began sinking! The rain made the soil sticky, therefore make us cadas sink! I swiftly pulled my leg out of the soil onto the wood. If I was gonna make it back home, I would need to run! I braced myself and began running, but the soil quickly stuck to my legs, so I had to resort to climbing a nearby tree. Hauling myself up the tree, I began climbing like crazy. Sighing, I stuck onto a wide and sturdy branch. But-sturdy was a overstatement- the branch crumbled and fell, throwing me off into the log which broke a hole into the log. I rolled into the inside of the log, tired and shocked. "I.. oh... my... moon." Rolling over onto my back, I looked at the hole in the log. It was still cracking and breaking slowly. The soil had dried by now, and so I ran back to the burrow.