Chapter 29

Massimo POV

Tomas, Chester, and Spencer stood beside me as we watched the clock in anticipation, ready to run up the stairs and kill that bastard.

We stood listening to every word said over the earpiece, ensuring Serena was safe while she was alone in the office with him.

Everything he said made my skin crawl, and the urge to go kill him right this second was becoming overpowering.

He planned to rape her and then force her to birth an heir for him because he didn't think Tomas was worthy.

I could see the disgusted look on Tomas's face as he stared hard at the ground while listening. His hands were clenched tightly as he listened to his father.

I could see the hatred for his father on every inch of his face.

I couldn't help but think about the horrible life Serena must have had when she lived here. Having to be around this sorry excuse of a human every day. Never being able to speak back to him or he would give her these 'lessons', which I was guessing was how she got the scars on her arms.

No wonder she ran and did whatever she had to do to stay under the radar.

Suddenly her voice went quiet and she took a sharp inhale of air in my ear. My body stiffened and I made eye contact with Tomas to see the same fright on his face.

"What did you do?" Serena whispers over the earpiece. "What did you give me?"

"Serena?" Tomas yells in the earpiece. "What's happening?"

"My dear Serena. You are too headstrong for your own good. I know what is best for you and your life, I always have. I guess the lessons I once taught you have since been disregarded," Ricardo says. "I will just have to force them into you again."

"Serena?" I yell into the earpiece, earning looks from the people around us.

She goes quiet before there is ruffling over the speaker.

"Don't you worry darling," Ricardo says. It was so clear he had to be speaking directly into the earpiece. "Nobody will interrupt us or ever help you escape me again."

Her earpiece releases a static sound.

He crushed it.

My legs move before I even process what just happened. I take the steps two at a time as the others follow closely behind me.

"Team two follow us. Jason, what happened?" I spit waiting for him to say there was bad service or some shit.

"Her earpiece disconnected," Jason's voice fills my ear as my heart stops in my chest. "He must have broken it."

Reaching the front door, we head down the left hallway and see it full of guards. They blocked the whole hallway from both directions ensuring nobody gets in or out of the office unless Ricardo says otherwise.

They heard us and immediately turned our way.

"Are you lost?" One guard asks as I breathe heavily. Red starts clouding my vision as the knife in my sleeve burns my skin, begging to be used.

"The bathrooms are down the other hall," He says even though I could see the bathroom behind him.

"I suggest you move," Tomas says in a harsh tone. They all look at each other than at the men behind us.

"Oh, I see what this is. Ricardo's son thinks he can tell us what to do because he made a little recruitment of the lower levels," A guard says and they start laughing.