Moon And Wine

The moon talks of a songThe night is ruffledThe wine brings rustOver the emotions that are muffled

The night is ruffled
The wine brings rust
Over the emotions that are muffled.
Words over words,
Yet thousand unspoken hymns
Tears of yearning flow for plight
Of this forlorn, falling night.

There have been few moments when he gave in to his indulgences

There have been few moments when he gave in to his indulgences. Having spent four years along the haunted streets, and then raised with much entrusted responsibilities of a majestic Sect, he could never think of laxing, and wasting the precious moments of life.

However, a sudden waft of wind influxed from the far West and disrupted his well-fabricated web of a clean and strict life.

And the name of that wind is Lan Wangji.

He is feeling remorseful and crestfallen. Not only had he degraded his moral principles, but also altered the equation with his only confidant that used to hold a precious essence in it.

He took advantage of his only pal!

After returning from Liao district, he couldn't even meet his gaze with Lan Wangji's. He tried hard and soul to avert direct counters with the Jade. He knows that Lan Wangji is distressed at this sudden unwelcoming conduct of his side, but he is rendered with no option but to increase the expand of distance between them.

He can't risk meddling with his rein of patience. What if he looses himself again?

Shame kept on assailing him day and night. And still, he cannot help but cherish the kiss every spare moment he could harness to ponder over his feelings. It feels like he is carrying his love for Lan Wangji in the form of a final propinquity with the Jade.

He doesn't mind. Not that his feelings for Lan Wangji will bear any fruit.

It was a quiet night compared to Yunmeng's usual exuberant daily life businesses that stretch to much darker shades of dawn.

He usually spends time in the library at this hour and go through daily study courses. But today he doesn't feel like going along the banal flow of his life of unwaverd tune. For the first time in these two months, he went to quell a beast all by himself and not with Lan Wangji proudly accompanying him. A strange hollowness probed him to take a respite from the usual flow of life.