Prologue

Dallas stood on the front stoop of a large, extravagant house. He was very hesitant to ring the doorbell or even knock on the door.

"What am I doing here? Why am I even doing this?" He kept asking himself.

Dallas ran a hand through his hair as a cool gentle wind blew, causing a few leaves to separate from the trees and fly around in the air; it was the beginning of October. He straightened his back and adjusted his scarf.

"No. She needs to know." He said to himself before he finally rang the doorbell.

After a moment, the door opened and a woman dressed in a maid's uniform answered.

"Hello, sir. How may I help you?" She asked.

"Hello. I'd like to speak with Miss May-Who, please. It's very important." Dallas answered.

"I see. Give me a moment." The maid said before turning around. "Miss May-Who! Someone is here to see you!"

"Be right there!" A deep female voice yelled back.

"Uh... she'll just be a moment." The maid said with a nervous grin.

"Of course." Dallas said in an uneasy tone, nodding his head.

After a long moment of silence, the maid moved to the side and a round, older woman with deep brown eyes, gray hair pulled into a bun, and wearing an outfit in shades of gray and black came into view. She had a bored expression on her face.

"Uh... hello." Dallas nervously greeted.

"...What do you want?" She rudely asked.

"I'm very sorry to bother you, madam, but... I have news that concerns your brother, Augustus May-Who."

"August?" The woman's expression softened. "I haven't heard from my little brother in months. What do you know?"

"From what I heard... he's in prison."

The woman's eyes widened in shock. "My brother? In prison?!"

"For attempted murder, apparently."

"That cannot be true!"

"I'm afraid it is, madam."

"Wait!" She looked around before she pulled Dallas into her home; she slammed the door shut. "We can't talk here. Let's go somewhere more private."

"Good idea."

The two of them walked through the house until they came across a doorway leading to a large greenhouse filled with all sorts of plants. They entered the greenhouse.

"Alright, continue." She said, closing the door.

"Thank you. Do you know Martha May Whovier?" Dallas asked.

"Martha May? Of course I know her. She and my brother used to be a couple and my brother introduced me to her at one of our family reunions. They were together for many years... until she became confused and left him. Why?"

"Well, she moved to Whoville... and she's found someone new."

"...Who?"

"Some green furry weirdo called the Grinch."

The woman's eyes narrowed at the mention of that name. "What... was that name again?"

"The Grinch. Apparently, Martha is in love with him. Blech! I don't see why or how she could love him. He's a monster!"

"And what about August?"

"I went to visit Augustus in prison a few days ago and he told me everything. He told me he stalked Martha in Whoville and gave her all sorts of gifts to try and get her to come back to him, but that didn't work. So he decided to throw a party on Valentine's Day in Whoville. He invited all of the adults in town, even the Grinch. And while everyone was distracted, he tried to poison the Grinch with boiled Frazzle berries. But Martha stood up to Augustus and saved the Grinch. Then Augustus took him away and tried to throw him off of Mt. Crumpit, but Martha stopped him and saved the Grinch AGAIN. After that, he was arrested and taken to jail back here in Who York. He's been in jail since last February."

"Grinch, Grinch, Grinch..." The woman angrily chanted under her breath. "You've met this Grinch, yes?"

"Yes, I have."

"Care to describe him for me?"

"From what I remember, he was kind of tall, he had a potbelly, he was covered in green fur from head to toe, and he had a somewhat deep voice. I honestly have no idea what Martha sees in him."

The woman suddenly went quiet, which made Dallas grow very uncomfortable.

"You said Martha May went to Whoville?" She asked.

"Yes."

"You know... there's a story surrounding that little town in the mountains. A story about... a Sour Sweet Wind. Ever heard of it?"

"Uh..."

She pinched the bridge of her nose. "Thought not. It is a cold wind that blows through Whoville one night every three years. Legend says that when the Sour Sweet Wind starts howling, it wakes up the Gree-Grumps in their tree stumps and they start growling, and their growling always stirs up Punkers Pond which disturbs the Hakken-Krakks and they all start yowling. And all of that howling and growling and yowling irritates beasts like the Grinch and they start prowling. And once these creatures start prowling, they go out and wreak havoc on the town below. The locals call it... Grinch Night. On that night, troubles always commence. If I were there, I wouldn't go out on a night like that for six hundred dollars and sixty cents... and neither would anyone else."

"Wow. That... is quite the story." Dallas commented.

"Yes, and it's all true; every word. You said Martha May has fallen in love with this Grinch?"

"Uh, yes. Wait... how do you know so much about this 'Grinch Night'?"

"I've been studying these Sour Sweet Winds for years and I have reasons to believe that another Grinch Night will be coming to Whoville this year. And I do believe we could make this work to our advantage."

The woman then turned her attention to a set of flowers in one corner of her greenhouse; she walked over to it and picked it up.

"You don't know what this is, do you?" She asked. Dallas shook his head. "This is a very special flower. They're called Monstrous Venom-Virus Flowers. It can make any creature in this world go insane. Gree-Grumps, Hakken-Krakks, Sneetches, Hunches, Webbed-Footed Batulas, Elephant Birds, any animal on this planet that comes in contact with this little flower will turn into a mindless savage, causing chaos and destruction wherever they go."

"Any creature?"

"Yes."

"Even... the Grinch?"

"Especially the Grinch. And luckily, I already have a house in Whoville."

"Wait... what are you suggesting?"

"Isn't it obvious? We are going to pay Mr. Grinch and Miss Whovier a little visit, and I'm taking my little beauties with me. I'd like to think of this... as revenge."

"...Are you going to KILL the Grinch?"

"Kill him? Oh, no! No! ...Not just yet. I could use a new fur coat."

Dallas cringed at the thought, but remained silent.

"Look out, Whoville. Constance May-Who is coming to town." Constance smiled a wicked smile.