Confessions

(Just a cute little confession fic with soft Billy cause I want to.
And just an fyi I hope none of you are invested in this oneshot book because nothing is being posted on it anymore. The st fandom is falling down my list of favorite fandoms, so the urge to write fanfics is getting weak 😔 )
❤️
                                                        (2144)

Steve Harrington and Billy Hargrove being friends was strange to any outsider.
As far as anyone knew Billy was crude and stand off-ish, while Steve was a fallen king. What could they have in common?
And Billy had beat Steve senseless just a few months ago. So why were they friends, when everything said they shouldn't be?

Well, to put it simply, they did use to hate each other. And every now and then they still do.
But when Billy first got to Hawkins and all of the drama started, he just kinda went with the flow.
He was the the foreign California guy that had chics grasping at him, so popularity and trouble just followed him around. His dickish attitude was mainly attributed to misplaced anger.

That's all him and Steve's fight was about.
He was just reprimanded, harshly, by his father for not keeping track of Max, and the place he finds her is with Steve Harrington and some dweeb kids.
He was angry, and hurting, and scared, so he let it all out onto this boy that had nothing to do with any of it. Billy was actually imagining Steve as Neil the whole time anyway.

It was a process, a very gradual process, but Steve and Billy grew on each other.

Billy especially liked Steve because he could always vent to him about his life and not feel burdening. He doesn't know why, but he just could. Steve always welcomed him with open arms, and usually first-aid.

This night was no different.

Billy had been slapped around by his dad, and stormed out to get drunk, or high, or both.
He ended up in a fight over an old grudge, and was scraped up pretty badly.
He knew if he went home now he'd just get scolded again, so he opted to Steve's house.

The Harrington residence was in the nicer party of Hawkins. Not necessarily rich, but just upper class.
And as far as Billy knew Steve's home life was fine.
His parents weren't ever around, but he had never heard of any violence or disfunction in the household. And Steve didn't really talk about it often, but what he had said pretty much reiterated Billy's assumptions.

The only good thing that had come out of Steve's absent parents was that he always had the house to himself and all of the bills were paid.
Billy could come over almost whenever he wanted to, and he liked that he had a place he could go that wasn't his own house.

So after this scuffle, Billy knocked on the front door of Steve's, his Camaro parked in the street. He would have just walked inside, like he usually did, but given the time of night he thought it'd be more polite to knock.
He stood on the porch for a few awkward seconds before he heard a voice echo.

"It's unlocked!" It yelled.

Billy opened the door and entered the home, closing it behind him. He toed off his boots at the door, knowing how much Steve disliked dirt being tracked inside.
He walked into the dining room on his way to the kitchen, but stopped when he saw Steve at the table. He was going through a first-aid kit.

"You just let anyone inside your house without knowing who they are?" Billy chuckled, noticing how Steve just let him inside without any thought or idea as to who he was.

"I knew it was you." Steve rolled his eyes, kicked out the chair next to him for Billy to sit down.

He accepted the invitation and sat down in the chair.
"What are you doing." He asked.