The Start of Our Adventure

I sat in my chair, picking the skin of my fingers as I watched out the window. What a weirdo right? Watching normal civilians pass by the streets as I wait patiently for the right moment to exit my own home. No one knows my face, as I hide it. But I also hate to be in groups. They make me uncomfortable. And people are dirty, and make icky noises that make me wish my ears got ripped off.

     After around an hour, they finally passed. It was finally the moment. I got up, slipping my hoodie over my head, pulling the hood up. I plugged my headphones into my old phone, definitely not the one most people had. At least that's the way I was treated when people found out I had a phone that wasn't expensive. But that's not the point here. I grabbed my surgical mask, slipping the strings over my ears so it covered my lower face, and pulled the hood over my head. In today's times, when sickness spread like a wildfire, this wasn't unusual.

     I didn't like to show my face, even in normal day activities. I hated the looks I would recieve from the entitled people. I hated the way my teeth looked. They weren't like the beautiful white smiled that surround me, they were slightly yellowed and uneven. I liked my hood because it helped me avoid he awkward eye contact that could happen from the corner of my eye. And I avoided any defining makeup or modifications in the eye area, to not make eye contact with the cashier of any stores, or the waitress/waitor as I stuttered out my food orders.

    But what? Villians are meant to be confident? Oh no darling. Our confidence is often fake, our shyness and insecurities are just blinded by the anger and need for vengeance.

     I passed them, the man I so desperately hated. He dosen't recognize me but I recognize him. Little does he know I'm shopping for new shoes after he ruined my last ones. The shoes I'd wear in my next attack.

     People are quite bias, they believe the kind neighbor could never be the mysterious villian of the town, they believe that people they pass normally couldn't be the villian, and most certainly the shy person couldn't be capable of such a thing. People don't realize just how many evil people they pass in a day. And most certainly, they don't realize that we aren't evil for nothing. They also don't realize the heros aren't always amazing, they too have evil tendencies, don't let their heroic acts blind your point of view.

     Lost in thought I didn't realize I had arrived at the door of the store, I let out a sigh, stepping back after I accidentally slammed into the door. I opened the door, going inside before grabbing my favorite and usual black combat boots. I felt a bit awkward when seeing no people in line. I quietly walked to the counter, even through my music I could hear the awkward shuffle of my clothing. And the distinct clunk of the sole against the counter as I sat the boot down. I kept my eyes on my wallet, pretending to rummage through it as the lady scanned my shoes. Once I heard the familiar ding, I passed a bill to her.

     Eye contact. No. Fucking hell we made eye contact. I quickly looked away, taking my change and the bag that held my shoes. I quickly left, ignoring her calls for me to tell me I left the receipt. It's fine. I didn't need it anyways, it's to awkward to go back now. I wasn't gonna return anything anyways. And I already know the end amount since I've bought these shoes million times again.