Episode #7

"What the heck girl? YOU TRYING TO KILL US!?" Lee was so scared he almost peed in his pants. 

"What are you TWO doing here? And why are you SOO sweating?"
I honestly wasn't expecting to see those faces tonight. 

"Well, we were running...But why were you screaming?" Lee answered like it was obvious. 

"Screaming? Wait a minute, Were you the ones pranking me? What is wrong with you? You have no hearts?" 

I was so off guard at the moment, I feel completely exposed. 'I let those people made me scream... so weak of me...'
 I don't know why, but the thought that they will hurt made me feel so betrayed, I wanted to cry. We used to be friends, how they dare act this way. They knew Lina and cared for her as I did. 

"Wait, what are you talking about? Why would we prank you? And why are you holding a freaking tray?" Surprisingly, Jackson was the calmest of the three.
He actually relaxed the moment he saw Anna was okay, but he didn't mention it.

"Well, that is none of your business." I lowered the tray, yet kept it close. "Why are you guys here?" I found myself suspicious with the two.
'How would they do this to me...? We know each other too well...' I thought. 

"Uhh... We actually came to check something.
I forgot my uhh...
pen in here..." Lee couldn't think about any different answer, and his mind was blank. 

"A pen?" I asked, very amused by this really stupid idea. 

Lee recovered, and kept going. "Yeah sure. It's a very special pen... it goes in the family... and a few weeks ago my grandpa passed it to me..."

"But a better question is why are you here, Anna?" Jackson crossed his arms, his right eyebrow was raised, and he had a curious face on. 

"I... had some business here..." I dodged the question.
'I don't want them to think I'm desperate, or them feeling sorry for me' 

"So why again you holding the tr-" Then, they all heard noises out of the Cafeteria. "What was that?" 

I then strengthened my hold over the tray, and stepped closer to the door frame.

"Anna, what happened earlier?" Worriedly asked Jackson. 

"I"ll update you later... but for now, just keep quiet, and follow my lead." 

The boys then walked behind me, following my steps.
I slowly opened the Cafeteria door, and stepped outside to the hallway. I shifted left to right, searching for any signs of movement. 

I am completely terrified inside, but there's no need for boys to know. I don't find myself to be helpless, and want to make sure they knew it, so I stepped up and led them toward the exit.
We quietly passed halfway to the exit doors, relaxing that the night was about to end. As we kept going, I let my ground down a bit, feeling calmer I'm not alone.

"For a moment there, I thought you guys pranked me to come here..." I mumbled under my breath. 

"Why would we do that? Why did you come here anyway" Jackson answered in the same lowered voice. 

"I... I found a letter... Well, actually someone left me a letter..."

"Who did?" he asked. 

"Were you about to meet your boyfriend here?" Said excited Lee. 

"You have a boyfriend?!" Jackson felt rage and jealousy boiling inside of him. He looked at me in the eyes waiting for an explanation. 

"Hahaha, what if I did? Are you jealous? Should I remind you about your girlfriend?" 

'Who he think he is? Act as I should tell him whatever goes in my life?!
'I was a bit annoyed about the way they invaded my personal life. The last time we actually talked was a bit more than a year ago. They very much made sure I won't be a part of their life.

The group passed slowly next to the main office, and an open class.
"No... I just remember you a badass woman who doesn't give shits about all kinds of girly things... And you were always so Independent... I just didn't expect you could like someone this way." 

Jackson answered Anna's question. He didn't like to be mocked, but still felt uncomfortable talking about her love life." 

"You would be surprised..."I whispered under my breath, thinking they couldn't hear it. 

They did.

As I walked in the hallway, I felt that weird sensation on the back of the neck from earlier, also like there's a cool breeze alerting me something bad is about to happen. I felt watched. 

I huffed. "We're not alone. Watch out for any signs". Just as I said that, a loud bang was heard just behind us.

We all turned around at the same time, facing the shadow figure, all over again. "Don't move, '' Lee whispered. 

The figure didn't seem to see us, but it walked slowly in our directions, keeping itself close to the ground, maybe even sniffing it, he was all on four. 

 "I'll create a distraction, while you will find something to hit it with", said Lee. 

 "What? No! It's a stupid and reckless idea. You can get yourself hurt!" I was so angry Lee offered himself like that and didn't understand his complete unselfishness about his own safety. 

 The figure seemed to find something as its steps became faster, and it was getting closer and closer to us. As we kept arguing,
Jackson saw this movement andsnpaped his fingers in front of Anna and Lee get their attention. Jackson then signaled them to shut up and pointed at the figure. 

 Lee caught the scene, did his own thinking and then did one of the most stupid things, Anna have ever seen.

"Hey!!" Lee screamed at the figure.