Chapter Thirty Eight

Genesis’s P.O.V
It was another day and it was finally the day of the Third and Final Task and the entire time, I felt nervous and I was sitting with Hermione and Ron as everyone was cheering while the school band played Music as Harry and the rest of the Champions made it out and eventually, Dumbledore had gotten everyone’s attention causing all of us to sit down, “Silence. Earlier today, Professor Moody placed the TriWizard Cup deep within the Maze, only he knows its exact position. Now as Mr. Diggory and Mr. Potter.” Dumbledore said before most of the students from Hufflepuff along with us cheered for the both of them before Dumledore continued, “tied for first position, they will be the first to enter the Maze followed by Mr. Krum and Miss. Delecour. First person to touch the Cup will be the Winner.” Dumbledore said to everyone before we all cheered before he continued speaking, “now I’ve instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter so that at one point any of the contestants wish to withdraw from the Task, he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands. Contestants gather around.” he said before he talked with the four of them privately before speaking up for everyone lse to hear, “Champions, prepare yourselves. On the count of three, One-” Dumbldore said and before he could make it to three, the cannon went off causing both Harry and Cedric to walk into the Maze before Fleur and Viktor had gone in not long after them and not long after Harry had walked in, I sat there while my leg bounced the entire time before I felt someone rest their hand on my shoulder before seeing that it was Hermione, “he will be alright Genesis. Don’t worry too much alright.” she said and I nodded, “alright, I’ll try though but I have no doubt that I will keep worrying though.” I said as I chuckled nervously and the entire time we waited for them to come back, only Fluer and Viktor were the first to get out of the Maze but with nothing but exhaustion and dirt and Hermione managed to try to get my mind off of everything and she wasn’t the only one when Ron tried making me laugh although it did work at some point before I noticed that it was starting to get dark outside and there was still no sign of either Harry or Cedric.

After some more time had passed, both Harry and Cedric finally made it back in one piece but as soon as I heard someone screaming, I figured something was wrong and I hoped that I wasn’t the only one as I rushed over to see what was wrong along with a few others before seeing that Harry was slumped over Cedric’s body as he cried and realization dawned on me when I realized that Cedric was dead and once Dumbledore went over to Harry he finally spoke up, “He’s back. He’s Back, Voldemort’s back. Cedric, he asked me to bring his body back. I couldn’t, not there.” Harry said to Dumbledore and I began to tear up a little as I stood in between Fred and George as the Minister tried getting everyone to stay in their seats before going over to Dumbldore, “the body must be moved Dumbledore, there are too many people.” the Minister said to him before we heard Cedric’s father as he made his way through the crowd before catching sight of Cedric and after some time had passed, every teacher including the Minister managed to get us all to leave and go back to the Castle and I went looking for Harry before seeing him leaving Professor Moody’s class with Professor McGonagall and Dumbledore and I furrowed my brows a little and went over to them as we eventually made it to the Hospital Wing, “Genesis dear, do you mind staying with Harry?” she asked me and I nodded before sitting across from Harry while Madam Pomfrey checked on Harry and bandaged any cut Harry had on him and when she was done and left, that was when I had spoken up, “I know you don’t want to talk about it so I won’t ask you about it but I want you to know that I believe you about You-Know-Who coming back.” I told him but he didn’t say anything so I decided to sit next to him before he put his head on my shoulder as he began to cry again and I hugged him and for a while, we stayed like that.

After some time had passed, Dumbledore came over to us and sat in the bed in front of us, “how are you feeling Harry?” he asked him and it took a moment for Harry to answer before he finally spoke up, “I don’t know. tired I guess.” he managed to say and without realizing until now, I noticed that I was holding his hand but I continued to do so, so he knew that I was there for him and after the both of them had finished talking, both Harry and I had gone back to the Common Room and saw that it was just the both of us before he sat on the couch and I sat next to him, “what are you thinking?” I asked him, “I can’t get it out of my head. It’s like it’s playing repeatedly throughout my head and I can’t get rid of it.” he said and I sighed a little, “I wish I knew what to say to you to make you feel better but I feel like if I did, it wouldn’t do much but I want you to know that you're not alone alright. I know for sure that Myself along with Hermione and Ron are there for you through it all ok.” he said and he just nodded, “why don’t you go and get cleaned up, you could use a shower.” I said to him and he nodded again before going to the bathrooms and after a while had passed, the both of us just stayed up through most of the night as we talked hoping it would get his mind off of everything for the time being and eventually it did as I managed to get him laughing for a short while before his mind went back to everything else, “we should probably get some sleep.” I told him and he sighed a little, “yeah I guess we should, it is pretty late.” he said and I smiled at him a little and he had done the same before the both of us had gotten up from the couch and before we went to our dorm, he pulled me to him and before I knew it, the both of us were kissing and in that moment, a lot of things were going through my head but eventually, our foreheads pressed together, “what was that for?” I asked him, “to be honest, I don’t know. I guess I managed to get the courage to do it.” he said and I smiled a little before he spoke up again, “to be honest, when I found out that Snape was your father, I thought you were going to be just like him but in the end, I realized you were completely different compared to him and because of that, I began to grow feelings for you and I know it’s a bit early telling you this-” he began to say but I cut him off when I kissed him again before breaking away from it, “I feel the same way about you Harry. I have for a while.” I told him and the both of us were smiling and eventually, the both of us finally decided to go to bed that night considering the both of us were pretty tired.