Chapter 30

Frisk moved to the floor that next morning as people filled into the living room, quiet and not quite awake.

The group sat huddled together as they waited for Bipper to show up and explain what the meeting was about.

Their expressions varied throughout. Frisk and Finn were neutral, just tired and confused. Mabel and Wirt were solemn, glancing around warily as if they knew what was happening, and maybe they did. Morty curled in on himself in obvious exhaustion with an unsure, worried look.

Finally, Bipper walked in.

"Morning," he said nonchalantly, but his usual spring to his step was missing. "I know you are all wondering why I called a meeting, and I know all of you have bits and pieces of the story. None of you know the full thing though, so I'm going to start at the beginning."

Bipper looked each person in the eye before continuing, "I was once a powerful being, trying to cause havoc and chaos. There were many prophecies written about the terrible Bill Cipher. One of which predicted my dethroning of a powerful immortal, Time Baby.

I went on with my plans, very aware of said prophecy. As time went on and plans enacted, something went very wrong, and my scheme was foiled. So I moved on to a new one, and my destined meeting with Time Baby never came to pass."

Bipper took a deep breath and shifted his weight around. He was no longer looking at anyone.

"We are a very powerful group of people, and that power draws the attention of others in the universe. Much like how I found all of you, and Morty found us in the beginning, Time Baby took notice of us. He is not happy, and when Time Baby throws a tantrum, worlds are destroyed."

"Is this why you had us learn how to fight?" Finn asked when Bipper paused.

"Yes, and it's why I called this meeting," Bipper answered. "Today, Time Baby and his minuet men are making their move against our rise to power."

The room exploded into questions and exclaims of confusion.

"Calm down, all of you. Just keep a level head and we will all be fine. They could be here at any time," Bipper prompted.

And then the room exploded for real.

___

Finn peaked out from behind Wirt to look at the giant hole in the wall.

On the lawn stood rows and rows of armored men, a group of grays and mint greens ready for battle.

The enemy had arrived.

Bipper took a few confident steps forward to the newly made opening. "Play to your strengths, aim to kill, and don't be afraid. We're the bad guys; we show no mercy," he said to the group.

They solemnly gathered the various weapons they had stored in the room and stood next to Bipper, staring out to the emotionless masses.

Looking on now, after the shock of having a hole blown into the wall of his home, Finn now realized there weren't that many soldiers, maybe a few dozen, but it was still a lot of people to fight for the six of them.

Bipper held his hands out, gesturing to wait when a flash of green light filled the property, and suddenly, floating in the air with the dignity of the most powerful dictator, was a giant baby.

Time Baby was quite literally an overgrown toddler who could travel through time.

Finn could have laughed, but the pure rage and intelligence radiating off the infant was enough to put a deep fear into his bones.