Chapter 86. Seventh Year Nine ☾

Sorry for the late update...

⭑─⭒──⚝⚝──⭒─⭑

"I do say, you would think the Prophet had more brains than this," Severus said, holding up the latest issue.

"Are they seriously accusing the goblins of putting the Ministry on lockdown?" Sirius asked, raising a brow. "By the way, how was Arthur Weasley at the hospital?"

"He received an anonymous tip to stay home the day of the time warp."

"Does this anonymous tip sometimes have pink hair?"

"And is three seconds away from barging in."

Dora burst through the headmaster's door. "I have had it up to here with students!"

The animagus's brow furrowed. "Haven't we all?" He turned to the potions master. "It's scary how you can do that."

The man shrugged. "How do you think Albus knew what was going on in the castle? We are tuned into the wards. I could sense she was coming."

"When does Lupin get off paternity leave?" Dora asked, ignoring her fiance and cousin and flopping into the nearest couch.

"When he actually receives more than two hours of sleep in a row?"

"Besides," Sirius shook his head, "he also is in mourning."

"We have bereavement time now, too?" Dora asked, crossing her arms.

"I read through some of the logs Dumbledore left. Apparently, they were put in place shortly after Voldemort's first fall."

"Well, excuse me for having a heart!" Severus humphed. "I had to teach after Lily passed, sue me that I wasn't more attentive."

"Three kids went to the hospital wing," Sirius pointed out.

"That being said, it was my only near-fatal accident in all my years of teaching."

"And we got you out of there very soon after your engagement." The animagus shook his head.

"Whoa, wait one minute!" Dora glared. "You had plans in place in case I died?"

"We still have plans in place, dear," Severus said, scowling. "You have the most precarious position in the wizarding world."

"What about me? Should I have plans in case you die?" the metamorphmagus asked.

"Like a party?" Sirius asked, shrugging. His friend glared. "Oh, come on. You know I was just pulling your leg."

"No, I think I should have plans in case Sev dies. You know, since he has such a 'precarious position'."

"Are we truly fighting over who would need bereavement more after one of us dies?" Severus asked, rubbing his eyes.

"It's your fiance," Sirius said, reading over some forms. "Dora, Moony needs more than three weeks to get over losing his girlfriend and adjusting to life with a newborn."

"Fine! Then you teach Transfiguration!" Dora crossed her arms. "I'm more suited to DADA anyway."

"Hmm…" Severus trailed off, his finger tapping his chin. "That is an interesting thought."

Sirius quirked a brow. "What's on your mind, Spots?"

"Sirius, what were your scores in DADA and Transfiguration, respectively."

"Uhm…" The other man's eyes narrowed in concentration. "EE in DA, O in Transfig."

"And what were Lupin's?"