Discovery

A/N: I do not own Red vs. Blue or any related content.

SOLAR SYSTEM

EARTH'S ORBIT

25 JULY 2547

Onboard UNSC Paris-Class, The Mother of Invention

Doctor Leonard Church

The Sol System was beautiful. It had eight planets, many asteroids, and plenty of moons. The closest comparison you could put it to was a jewelry box, but even then, that would fail to successfully describe the true beauty of the haven. The prized jewel this figurative jewelry box had was called Earth, the planet with the best defenses, ships, and leadership. The fortifications for Earth consisted of 300 Orbital Defense Platforms, 100 ships, and UNSC ground forces ready to defend it from would-be attackers. All of this was observed from the Mother of Invention's bridge. Leonard loved this. Before his time in ONI, before he even came up with the plans of Project Freelancer, he had a love for Earth and Her Colonies. But, unfortunately, with the death of his wife, that love had been smothered with something dark. But even then, there were times when he did not let that damper his mood, like now, for example. He had recently gotten news about the Sarcophagus and had plans on how to use it. Most of which had to be hidden from his Agents and colleagues, not counting Price, of course.

His thoughts were interrupted by a ping that was sent to his headset.

"Yes, Alpha? What do you need?" Church asked inquisitively. He didn't have time for Alpha's smartass comments at the moment.

"We have a situation," Alpha said in a serious tone, which was rare. Considering how much he liked to bitch about how "unfair" his position in the Project was.

"There is no time to waste, Alpha; tell me what this 'transmission' contains." The Director of Project Freelancer ordered.

"It contains a series of videos on... Simulation Troopers? Man, this is so friggin' lame. Want me to delete it, Director?" The Alpha, or "Other" Church, asked, "That won't be necessary, Alpha. Instead, send a message to nearby Freelancers, and tell them to gather at the bridge." Leonard ordered. Turning to the windows, he said, "F.I.L.S.S, put security on high alert."

[CERTAINLY, DIRECTOR.], F.I.L.S.S said.