worthlessness.

-3rd pov-

TW: SA, ABUSE, ISOLATION, VERBAL ABUSE, HARASSMENT, FEAR

   Daisy's body was cold and stiff, she felt as if her bones and flesh has been surrounded by a frost and made painfully brittle like frozen plastic. Her body ached so regularly that she only noticed when she felt a bit of relief from the dull pains, rather than being in pain.
    It didn't take him abusing her each minute of the day to leave her body battered and tender. He didn't beat her every day, no, but before her small body could ever recover from one beating, another came. Once one bruise healed, two more took its place, leaving her body covered in layers of injuries. while fresh bruises overlapped old ones, it blotched her soft skin with a sickly purple.
    Instead of moving in a bouncy and fluent manner like she naturally would have, her movements were stiff and rigid, as if she was in pain by just moving her body. She moved ungracefully, her body exhausted and pained. When she walked her legs felt as if they would give out, and she shook.
    Her body was coiled into itself in a fearful stance, vulnerable and weak as if her father had carefully cultivated the perfect prey. She had been broken down and beaten so that now if anyone was to mistreat her, she felt as if she deserved it. People knew she would never tell, no matter what manner of abuse they put her through.
    She was afraid, self-hating, manipulated, weak, and relentlessly apologetic. She felt that everything was her fault, even if it wasn't. If someone else had a problem she felt that she caused it, nothing was so far-fetched that she didn't find fault in it. But now, having lived like this for so long, she knew no different, and expected no better.
    We look at Elton, wondering how she could be so blind to his red flags. But daisy doesn't know red flags, she's never been exposed to anything else.
    Red flags are normal to her, red flags are what she knows, what she expects, and what she thinks she should endure. She seemed stupid, and utterly incompetent because she was so easily manipulated, but she was just not confident in her own thoughts and knowledge, and saw everyone as superior.

~time skip: December 1934, about a month later~

Daisy silently placed Elton's breakfast on the table, her hand shaking the platter softly.

She cleared her throat, gathering the courage to attempt small talk with her husband to help relieve the tension of the silent situation.

"You're...going to Chicago, right?" 

daisy began gathering the rest of the dirty dishes in her arm after he ate.

"No, my ticket just says that. Of course, I'm going to Chicago." He sneered, pulling his coat on with a scoff.

"Yeah I just...yeah...you're right, I'm sorry..." she seemed to mentally recoil into herself in pure shame.

Elton straightened his coat

"That was stupid, I was stupid, I- I shouldn't have asked such a stupid question, I'm sorry." she continued, staring down at the dishes in her hands in embarrassment.

"Yeah, well, at least you know." he commented.

He glanced at his watch and then at her, giving her a most irritated look, as if she was unbearably stupid.

"Don't just stand there, go make yourself useful."

Nodding frantically, daisy muttered more apologies, fumbling with the tower of dinnerware.

"don't stand there gaping at the dishes like a stupid bitch, you bumbling [r-word]" said elton hatefully as she hurried to the kitchen.

"God!" he yelled

"Do you have any idea how hard it is not to slap you right across your obnoxious fucking face?!"

Daisy shook her head sorrily at the hurtful rhetorical question.

"Of course you dont. You are so goddamn lucky. You know, your utter fucking stupidity gives me migranes, you know that daisy mae? The thought of how you act makes me miserable because I have to come home to a mental defect." she backed away from him with fearful doe eyes.

     Elton loved the power he had over her, and how perfectly she fit as a punching bag. He could say any horrid thing to her and get nothing as a consequence, god he loved to hurt her.
    It made him feel better, even if he was only bored, he could always torture poor sweet daisy mae if he so pleased.

"I mean- have you even considered how I feel? Do you know how fucking embarassing it is to have a pathetic little bitch like you as a wife? Youre mentally fucked, daisy mae, you're fucked real bad and it shows. Just the SOUND of your voice makes me want to vomit. Why do you have to be so goddamn clueless, so stupid, so mind numbingly annoying. Why can't you just be normal."

She looked away, her eyes half shut as she held back the tears he wanted to see.

"How could you ever think any man would really choose you? Who do you think you are?" elton laughed.

"You're nothing! You're absolutely fucking nothing. What do you do that another woman couldn't do better. You're different, but you're not special. You got that daisy mae? You're not special. If you died right now do you know what would happen?"

It was silence.

"Huh?" he said

"N-...no.." daisy responded in a hoarse whisper

"Take a guess."

"N...nothing would happen..." she whispered again

"Ding ding ding! Congratu-fucking-lations! Nothing."

"Look at me daisy mae."

Regretfully, she looked into the man's cold gray eyes.

"No matter what anyone says to you, you will never be fucking worthy. If you think for a second that your life is so pitiful, remind yourself what a goddamn waste of a life you are. You deserve this. I don't give a damn that your mom died, or that you wanted kids, and nobody ever will, keep your sob story to yourself because you don't deserve the pity you're fishing for. 'My dad beat me I was raped' and it's your own goddamn fault. I'd be damn sorry for myself if I had a daughter like you. You should be glad your mom died, what makes you think she'd want to live a life as a mother to such a fucking failure."

Tears fell from her broken blue eyes like rain, to eltons pleasure.

"Dont you fucking cry now!" elton slapped her hard across her face, grabbing her wrist as she dropped the plates.

Too scared to cry, she quivered in fear, trying with all her might to keep it in.

"It's your own damn fault you're here right now. You will never have a life better than what i'm giving you here, and I can take that privilege of a life from you if I damn well please."

Her eyes widened, and her pupils shrank.

"Nobody would ever know you died. So I suggest you clean this mess up and keep your mouth shut before you end up at the bottom of a lake." elton threw her back against the wall, and just like that, he was gone.