Chapter Five

Who are you?

"Ouch," I say running into a tree, Or at least what I thought was a tree, But unless trees felt that soft then I must have been inside those walls for a lot longer than I thought. I fell back dropping the machete that had been glued to my hand, I know, I'm being dramatic. But I was caught off guard and I've been running for the past 15 minutes.

I look up expecting to see a biter lunge toward me, but I see quite the opposite. There is a boy. I'm guessing my age just by the look at him, he backs up in shock. Leaving enough time for me to go and grab my weapon, but he yells at me to wait. however, I don't. I grab the machete, turn around and run. The boy yells at me again to wait but I won't, I can't. I continue running as a stranger chases behind me trying to get me to stop.

The boy takes a break from the hunt to take deep breaths. I use that to my advantage and climb up a tree where he can't see me. After a few minutes of sitting in there, the boy never walks or runs by. I climb down and look around me to make sure my surroundings are clear. I start to run back in the same direction I was going before but making sure not to take the same path. Just in case I see him again. I trip over my shoelace that had probably untied when I was trying to get out of the tree. Kneeling over to tie my shoe, I'm getting tackled to the ground.

Fuck. I curse, I open my eyes and a small rush of relief enters my body. It isn't the saviours, the only problem about who it was, is that it is the same boy from before. He is sitting on top of me resting all of his weight on me making it so that I can't even move. "Who are you?" The boy asks his gun in hand. I ignore his question and only squirm some more, trying to get myself out from under him. "Get off of me!" I cry, putting my hands on the ground still trying to push myself up.

The boy pushes me back against the ground and holds down my hands. He notices my machete on the ground next to me and attempts to push it away, giving me a slight advantage to move. But, it doesn't work. "Please, I need to get out of here. They'll find me." I look at the boy's face and he gives me a confused look. "Who?" He questioned.

I shake my head, shutting my eyes trying to ignore the weight of the boy. When I reopen my eyes I see him smiling at me. "Hurt?" He laughs, I roll my eyes. Looking around and noticing that once he moved to push my machete away his foot was moved out of place, making it so that an easy push could knock him over. I look away before he can notice what I observed and give him a small smile. I move my legs up so my knees were pointed, and the boy gives me another confused look by this action. One of his hands was still holding his gun leaving me with a free hand. I take my free hand and place it on his lower thigh close to his knee and push myself as much as I can to my left towards my knife.

My idea works giving me both the advantage of being on top of him and being closer to my machete. I grab the weapon before his back is officially on the ground so it doesn't leave him much of an opening to switch me back over. I place my weapon against his neck as he smiles at me. "I wasn't expecting that." The boy sighs as if his only way of questioning me was gone. "So, who are you?" The boy asks once again. I sigh letting all the nerves in my body relax. The boy stares blankly at me, "Aur-" I stop myself. I don't know this boy, I know now names don't matter much anymore. But to me, they're everything. Giving someone my name means I have some sort of trust in them. Now, I don't and can't trust anyone...

"Lilan," I tell him "Lilan Spark." The boy laughs at the correction but it leaves his brain almost as fast as it came. "I'm Carl, Carl Grimes."