Final Destination of An Uber

Selina fixed her purse. Who'd guess that in a flashy purse meant to draw smiles at its cuteness, would be a knife. She got inside an Uber and saw the driver, noting he seemed wealthy in not just a Chevy, but coat too. Most people found it in Jason that he was a care free man, with an insouciant nonchalance like personality. All centered from his low hanging grin. The laid back individual who'd have kind words.

"So what kinda ride you figuring so far?" Jason fixing the front mirror.

She hadn't heard something along those lines. Not in plenty of years. She was baffled.

"Um, Gotham Harbor." Selina answered in an uncomfortable manner.

She fixed her seating hoping to ignore him the rest of the ride.

"Sorry that's my Narrows personality, still getting used to main Gotham again. I figure in 20 minutes we can get there. Given that you don't care about the speed limit, but then again no one does. Doesn't hurt to ask though. Traffic isn't much traffic if it eventually all goes behind you. Get what I'm saying?" Jason asked.

Selina sighed. Another male rambling about his life in hopes that if he shared his she'd share hers with him. She rummaged through her purse for another fake twenty dollar bill. He took it feigning a grin, until he lowered down with a frown as he slipped the 20 into the car.

 Of course she'd be the person who'd stand out from the crowd not for her personality, but the money she was willing to offer, even if it was a fake bill he was without a tip. Some people these days he thought.

Selina figured she'd test her acting skills. Not realizing he was the director.

"So how is it in the narrows? For you. I grew up there." Selina asked.

Jason gave a pant of a laugh looking out the door, turning tilting his head away from the mirror still grinning.

"Whole place is a joke. People are rioting for the wrong reasons. Hell I'd pay them to carry signs if it were to fight for affordable housing, and raise jobs in construction. If they refurbished shit, people would all have jobs because all the damn housing could be remodeled. More jobs, more ongoing work on the buildings. But I'm an Uber, so I don't have to see the ugly affordable housing the Narrows have to offer." Jason said. 

He knew life could expand the lesser details to seem more contrived into a story. The main factors of talk were of course the heart breaking or heart mending kind of conversations people clung to.

"So are you a fan of the Narrows. I sure as hell aint." Jason asked.

"Excuse me?" Selina said.

"I said I sure as hell am." Jason driving at a moderate speed of 20.

He deliberate went slowly.

"Can you go quicker than this please." Selina dropping dead where her personality was.

"Of course." Jason speeding.

"For the record I'm neutral. The Narrows are a piece of Gotham. If there was more news there there'd be less crime, and more attention to the place that could offer more hands to be lent in fixing it." Selina wanting to show that his opinion of the Narrows prior was inferior towards her plan.

"Neutral huh, a woman like you must be used to that given your personality. And I never really thought of Gotham as a piece to itself. You opened my eyes." Jason not bothering through traffic.

For a second she grinned at the compliment, then it dawned on her that it could be sarcasm. And it was she who thought was in a grimy mood. It'd be weird to randomly insult him in a speedy roast considering he may have been ignorant in his comments. Swerving left and right he treated the road like a highway. And when he got on the highway she lost it.