Cautions with Fiction*

Hey,

I'm sure most of the readers in this aren't here reading the "story" anymore lol

But I'd like to spread a message around on this very nostalgic yet beautifully made cringe app.

I wrote this when I was 15-16 yrs and was very into K-pop (still am, but not as much) and as you can tell, this is a BTS fanfic focusing on Kim Namjoon (RM) and the members obsessing over him.
There are just a couple things wrong with this book,

For one, it was gonna head to the normalization of abuse and human trafficking,
It "fictionalizes" real life people
& it's just a bad bad story- I'm actually shocked that after 2 (3?) years I left this app it has nearly 200k reads and over 1k likes- I wouldn't think it would make it this far.

This is a message to whomever reads this.
Wattpad normalizes a lot of "kinks" if you can even call it as such, which is very concerning when you look deeper and you stay long enough on the app- these "kinks" in which are normalize (of course not limited to-)
-emotional abuse
-non-consensual communication (i.e when the main character feels "uncomfortable" but resists to the love interest, bc he's hot of course)
-rape. I'm not kidding dude
-... fictional kids (like anime) in very lewd or downright smut fiction
-teacher X student fictions (very weird)
-inaccurate sex descriptions
-and this semi weird gay fetish that comes up once in awhile
-plus more

I hope, you (the reader) will recognize this creepy normalization of "romance" or a "storyline" that you can report the issue & discuss with the author, because out of a 9/10 chances, that the author is a minor & doesn't understand how relationships work-

To get a perspective of how bad Wattpad normalizes abuse, I'll share my experience with 3 fan-fictions.

When I first created my account, I was 11-12 (wow) and I was OBSESSED with CreepyPasta back then, specifically the character Laughing Jack- and while looking at somewhat horny looking art, I discovered the word "Lemon" (y'all remember when that was the old "smut" lol) and lord behold I was reading smut with a fictional 6ft clown character at the ripe at of 11
(I personally find this discovery a little funny as I was raging with hormones, so fun)

I continued using Wattpad, and still in my creepypasta phase, I came across another fanfic, the character being Ticci Toby and I'm just gonna say- it was straight out rapefic- in the beginning of the chapter you're strapped on a bed and the character removes the MC's undergarments- and I'll let you finish what else happened— and what made it so much worst was MC falls in LOVE with her rapist- that shits bonkers!

This "fanfic" is just straight up anime kids having sex. The anime being HunterXHunter and it was the two main kids, Killua and Gon along with MC— there was barely any story, I'm not gonna get into it since it was quite descriptive with a bunch of kids doing things... it was removed, but it took awhile.

I understand that when you want to make a somewhat interesting storyline for your fanfic, and so you think that criminalizing things is a "good plot" device to put in your story— and in some cases, it is— but if it involves falling in love with your abuser or fetishizing a certain topic/thing/human then probably think of other ideas.

Once more, if you do see fan works that contributes these ideas, report it and talk to the author onto why this is a bad idea to spread.
Don't harass or unnecessarily insult minors for their poor work of fiction, educate them about it.

Thank you.
(Also, I will be archiving the chapters as I don't want to contribute this idea.)

Damn, wrote this when I was 15 and now I'm 19, what the fuck