Shadow Aria on the Loose

[BGM: Delfino Plaza - Super Mario Sunshine]

Aria, Chase, and Judy came out of the M feeling relieved.

"Glad that's over," Aria said.

"Agreed," FLUDD replied.

Chase and Judy were surprised to see FLUDD back on Aria's back.

"WHAT?!" they said.

"FLUDD?! How did you-?!" Chase couldn't finish what he said because he was still in shock.

"Do you remember what happened in there?" Judy asked him.

"Sadly, I do not recall," FLUDD noted.

"My faker may be a jerk. But at least she keeps her promise," said Aria.

"Guys!" Toadette called out with Toad following behind.

"Hey, guys!" Chase said.

"Look what I found!" Toadette pulled out the Shine Sprite she got from the building.

"A SHINE SPRITE?!" they said in unison.

"Where did you get that?!" Chase questioned.

"I found it locked in a building nearby," she explained, "Both me and the chief were surprised to see no one else did anything about it."

"Hey! I helped too!" Toad butted in, "I was the one who BASHED MY SKULL breaking into that room!"

"There are Shine Sprites in the plaza too?" Aria said, "Well, can you guys be on the lookout for more? We could use all the Shine Sprites we get!"

"You can count on us!" Toadette replied.

"And me, provided that I don't get another headache again!" Toad added.

"We should go before things get ugly," Judy said.

The other two agreed and they jumped back into the M.

[BGM end]

The moment they reappeared, a blue Pianta walked up to them.

"Hey... do you have a twin or something?" he asked Aria.

Aria got anxious when she heard that, "No... Why do you ask?"

The Pianta pointed his large finger toward a pink figure who was standing there with her paintbrush and back turned. The three were freaked out by this.

[BGM: Mimi the Copycat - Super Paper Mario]

"YOU!"

The girl turned around and smirked.

"Well, if it isn't the brave little beach girl and her animal friends. Though honestly, I was expecting you to bring the man of the hour with you. But, I suppose this is what I get for hanging onto THIS!"

The shadow version of Aria pulled out a big red key with an M insignia. Aria and Chase's eyes widened when they saw this.

"Is that...?" Aria wondered.

"That has to be one of the jail keys!" FLUDD said.

"Boy, for a little girl. You sure got your thinking cap on today," the girl replied, "And I have to say, I'm impressed, kid. Really, I am. You were the first person other than Mario who has managed to go through TWO of my secret levels. But this is the end of the line for you."

Aria felt ready to tremble at the tone of her duplicate. That was until Judy and Chase stepped in.

"Hey! Leave her alone!" she demanded.