"My soul would be gone for good"

“The Yiling Patriarch, Lan Wangji is dead!” The storyteller who just arrived shouts catching the attention of everyone in the tavern.

“Really?" the customer perks his head at this. "Who killed him?” asks in curiosity.

“Who else? The righteous cultivator of Yunmeng Jiang, Wei Wuxian!” the storyteller replies as the wind drifts into the tavern as if for dramatic affect.

"The 4 Great Sects have all taken the lead, and burned the Burial Mounds to the ground!" he continues.

“I heard his powers backfired during the battle and he was torn to a fine powder by his own puppets, leaving no trace of bone left of him.” A passing rogue cultivator accompanies with a sigh at the end.

“Wasn’t he the Second jade of Gusu? Is that the Lan Wangji you guys are talking about?”

“Second jade? Yes, that's what they used to call him but ever since he cultivated the dark arts he slowly strayed away from the othordox path and chose power over righteousness”

“HAH! His death serves him right! He not only cultivated the dark arts, he also committed heinous crimes like when he killed Young Master Jin Zixuan!”

“He also created a very powerful weapon that's said could shake even the mountains!”

“The Stygian Tiger Amulet? Hah! He had destroyed it before he died. At Least he did one good thing in his life.”

“One good thing? Don't you know that he used to be a righteous, beautiful young master?” The old lady says, an eyebrow raised.

"What righteous? he's cold and stingy, i have no idea how he managed to be top 2 in most handsome young masters" another old lady retorts.

The tavern continues to gossip about how the once righteous second jade has fallen into nothingness.

the tavern was filled with murmurs.

“That reputation of his has long been gone ever since he decided to set foot on the dark, unorthodox path!”

“I’ve heard from passing cultivators that the Gusu Lan Sect had tried summoning his soul, but to no avail. It seems he is truly gone from this world.”

“That's what happens to anyone who dares to cultivate the dark path.”

–Mo village 16 years later–

“With my blood drawn by my hand," a boy with bloodied hands.

"I sacrifice my body to you." as he draws an array with blood.

"My soul shall disappear. Humbly I await you, Yiling Patriarch, Lan Wangji!” As the boy utters his last sentence he falls to the bloodied ground, flesh melting revealing a new face.

The world went black.

A/N: This is a different version of the Self-sacrificial summoning Ritual where you offer your body as a vessel and it creates a face similar to the soul of who’s being summoned. The rest is still the same.

A splitting headache.

One that hurts so bad you wished you were dead. But for Lan Wangji he’s already been dead for over a decade now.

His body feels heavy as it lays on the bloodied floor of a dark shack.It stinks, the looks of the shack not making it any better as the former second jade flutters open his eyes.

He hears a loud bang from the door as if someone is attempting to barge in. Yes someone actually was attempting to barge in but with a locking talisman, commoners cannot open it.