Ŧღ Ɠɨνє Ŧɦɑиќs

Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you enjoy this one-shot. (It took so longgg) (oh, and the given fact that a 10 year old made this.) (one more thing, after reading this I want you to imagine what I might do for Christmas 0-0)

(:)

He ran down the steps of the stairs. Until he reached the end. He smell a scent, one that he enjoys more than anything. Mint.

"Hey, bud! You slept in, didn't ya?" Sonic asked, currently putting mints on a plate in front of Tails' plate. They both usually woke at around 6:00am, today though, the fox awoke at 8:00.

"Yeah! I had a big sleep!" Tails replied, hiding his coal black eyes into his eyelids. "Good! Todays a big day."-

"Huh?" Tails' head cocked to the side. "What's today?" He asked, putting on a confused expression. But that just made him look more adorable. "Well, buddy, today's Thanksgiving." Sonic replied, scooping eggs off of a pan onto him and Tails' plates. "What's tanks-viving?" Tails asked, his toddler mind not able to comprehend. "Thanksgiving, Tails. It's a time where we have a party and eat a bunch of Turkey (Hey! If that's not how you spend Thanksgiving, which is not how I do either, I'm just trying to narrow it down to one thing. So sorry D;) n stuff." Sonic replied, putting forks on the plates. "Oo! I can't wait!"

———
To Give Thanks all you do is start with words.
———
To Give Thanks all you do is start with words.
———

Those words echoed through Tails' head like the sound of fireworks exploding in the sky. To give thanks all you do is start with words. The voice saying it sounded so familiar. It was a feminine voice for sure, but who's? Not Amy's, surely. It sounded old and wise. Maybe-

"Earth to Tails!" He snapped back into reality at the sound of Sonic's voice. "Oh, uh, sorry." Tails said, scratching the back of his head. "S good. But uh, what happened?" Sonic asked, cocking a brow in the air. "Just, thinking." Tails replied. That was always his excuse whenever he zoned out. 'Just, thinking.' Every. Single. Time. "Tails, I've had enough of that excuse. What were you thinking about?" Sonic asked, putting his fork down onto his plate to grab a napkin. "I dunno, once you told me what Tanks-viving-" he got cut off with a correction. "Thanksgiving."-

"Oh, right, Thanksgiving was about, I suddenly heard a voice in my head that kept saying 'to give thanks all you do is start with words' but it was in this old and wise lady words." Tails tried explaining, thinking it would sound delirious to Sonic. But it wasn't. "Well, did you recognize the voice?" Sonic asked, returning to the table with his napkin in hand. "Yeah. It sounded familiar." Tails replied. "Oh, maybe-." Sonic got cut off from the sound of the telephone ringing. Sonic ran to lift the phone and answered. "Hello? This is the home of a super cool blue hedgehog and a way-to-smart for his age fox. Oh, hey Ames. Decor? On it! K, see ya later!" Sonic returned the phone to the compartment holding it, and sat back down on his chair at the table. "What was Amy asking?" Tails asked, fully dismissing their old conversation from existence. "Oh, she just asked if I could stop by that home decor place down the street to get some Thanksgiving decoration and stuff." Sonic answered, continuing to eat his eggs. "Oh."

Pitter, patter.

It started to rain.

Pitter, patter.

"Oh shoot, I didn't check the weather forecast today." Sonic said, mentally slapping himself for forgetting such a simple task. He turned on the television and switched it to the news channel. MOBIUS NEWS TODAY.

Hello, todays weather forecast calls for a 90% chance of thunder and lighting and 100% chance of rain. Have a great thanksgiving! Quickly after, it turned into a commercial break. Tails shuddered at the thought of thunder and lightning. "Heh, she said 90% chance, right?" Sonic said, wearing a quirky smile. "That's still a lot though.." Tails replied, hiding his face into his tails. Sonic couldn't tell if Tails' phobia of thunder and lightning came from the fact he was 4, or something else. "We'll see what happens." Sonic replied, wearing a honest smile. "K..."