1

"Chenle, please do me a favour and buy some flowers for me, I have a date and I need to turn up with something." Jaemin asked as soon as Chenle answered the phone.

"What?"

"Just do it please, I'll pay you back. Drop them off at my house, thanks and goodbye."

Jaemin hung up, Chenle groaned. He knew nothing about flowers, he had no interest in them whatsoever. Jaemin asked the wrong friend. On normal occasions Chenle would just stay home and forget about helping his friend but this was the first time Jaemin has dated in forever, so Chenle felt bad.

Chenle stood up and grabbed his house keys. He thought over and over again to himself, 'Are roses good enough? What do people like nowadays?' 

-+-

Chenle entered the flower store, ignoring the greeting from the boy behind the counter. He wasn't trying to be rude, he was just annoyed.

Chenle didn't hesitate to pick up the cheapest bouquet of roses and take it to the front counter where the worker was. The worker was tall and fairly good looking too, Chenle may of started blushing.

"Roses? Who's this for." The boy raised an eyebrow, he clearly wasn't impressed.

"Well... My friend has a date and—..."

"And you think the date would like roses? Be real, another type would be better. The date would definitely prefer something more unique. Plus what are you even doing buying flowers for your friend's date."

Chenle frowned, getting the sudden urge to be defensive, "Well first of all, you're not the date, who knows maybe they like roses? And second, it's none of your business."

The boy sighed, "Whatever. I'm just tryna help."

Chenle couldn't stand his smart comments, "Well if you're so smart, what flower is better?"

"Well personally I like camellias... They're like roses but better. Each colour means something different. But if I'm being honest, I'd get the pink ones just because they're the prettiest amongst the rest."

"No offence but what the fuck is a camellia?"

The guy groaned, "I have some in the shop now, I'll get them for you."

Chenle watched him run away from his counter and towards the middle of the store. At this point, Chenle wished he kept his mouth shut and just went with the roses.

"Alright I'm back. Your thoughts?" He handed the bouquet to Chenle.

Chenle noticed the name tag on his uniform. Park Jisung.

"Um... Sure whatever." Chenle placed them onto the counter, "How much?"

-+-

"I was expecting roses." Jaemin took the bouquet from Chenle, he handed Chenle the money that was promised straight after.

"I was going to get them. Then the bitch working at the shop, Jisung, shoved these in my hands and told me roses were boring. He's lucky he was good looking or else I would've punched him out."

"Really?"

"Well it didn't go exactly like that but..."