Prologue

Maia and Kylian were high school sweethearts who had been together for years. But as they went off to college, things started to change. They began to drift apart, and eventually, they broke up.

"I think we need to break up," Kylian said, his voice low.

Maia felt tears prick at her eyes. She had known it was coming, but hearing Kylian say the words made it feel final.

"Why?" she asked, her voice trembling.

"I just don't think we're going to be able to make it work," Klylian said. "I need to take this job, and I know you don't want to move. It's just not going to work."

Maia nodded, feeling a lump in her throat. She didn't want to let Kylian go, but she knew that he was right. They couldn't stay together if they couldn't compromise.

They sat in silence for a few minutes, neither of them knowing what to say. Maia looked around the coffee shop, trying to take in every detail so that she could remember this moment forever.

"I'll never forget you," Klylian said suddenly, breaking the silence. "You've been such an important part of my life."

Maia nodded, unable to speak through the tears that were now streaming down her face.

"I'll never forget you either," she managed to say.

They hugged goodbye, and Maia watched as Kylian walked away, his figure growing smaller and smaller until he disappeared from view.

Maia thought that she had moved on from Kylian, but the memory of that day still haunts her. It was the day they had the big fight that led to their breakup. She remembers the harsh words they exchanged, the tears they shed, and the look on Kylian's face as he walked out of her life.

Years have passed, and Maia has built a successful career for herself. But she's never forgotten Kylian, and the memory of that day still lingers in her mind. Then one day, out of the blue, Kylian shows up at her office.

Maia is stunned to see him after all these years, but Kylian tells her that he's never forgotten her either. He apologizes for the way things ended between them and asks for a second chance. Maia is torn between the love she still feels for Kylian and the pain he caused her.

As they spend more time together, Maia realizes that Kylian has changed. He's matured and grown into the man she always knew he could be. But the memory of that day still hangs over them, and Maia can't shake the feeling that things might not work out.

In the end, Maia must confront her own fears and decide whether to give Kylian another chance or let him go for good. The memory of that day will always be a part of her, but she must decide whether to let it define her future or move on and create new memories with the man she loves.