chapter 2

"What did you just say Ino?!"

"Naruto, calm down! You're making my head hurt"

"Go over it again please, I haven't gotten a wink of sleep"

"Long story short, we've detected reanimated chakra outside the village's premises, thank god we expanded it out of the gates as well!"

"Okay, who and all? How many?!"

"Five to be exact, I'm pretty sure there's a Yamanaka in the ANBU patrol squad, I'll have to contact him, I'll be back in a minute"

Naruto groaned, being the hokage was not as easy as he thought it would be, he wanted to bang his head on the wall.

"Naruto"

"Yes, Ino"

"Please don't freak out, It's the fourth hokage and his wi— you parents, Sasuke's parents and his older brother Itachi"

"WHAT?"

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO SCREAM! MY HEAD HURTS"

"Sorry, I'll notify the ANBU captain of the patrol team tonight, please send some of you clan's jounins as well and don't forget to tell Shikamaru as well. Thanks, Ino"

"On it. and also, it's my job"

Naruto dint know how to feel. His hokage side was panicking, overthinking about who the jutsu caster was, was his village in danger? What was he gonna do now? —oh my god, this is why I need Shikamaru. While his Naruto Naruto side was over the moon, he was going to see his parents again, together that too, his parents were going to see him as the hokage, meet his new family – oh my god. He would literally piss his pants right now.

-------

As soon as the ANBU patrol were notified, they were sent to the required place.

"Stay where you are! Refrain from any attacks or my team will have to take you down with force"

Their defensive stances relaxed, meaning they had surrendered. Four shinobi took their respective stances and weaved the signs in sync.

All of them were shocked. Yep were definitely way into the future, everything is so much advanced fugaku thought.

"We are going to take you to the T&I" the leader announced as they were put in the barrier.

The barrier was a simple genjustsu that only specialised ANBU knew. This jutsu was used in Hokage meeting's as it used to conceal the hearing away as well as a human presence. Other five ANBU's carefully walked over and touched the shoulders of the respective reanimated guests as the shunshined away to the undergrounds of the T&I.

-------

It was early morning. 6 AM to be exact. The sun peaked over the hokage mountains. Ino had notified Shikamaru— the hokage advisor and Sai— head and commander of the ANBU black ops. The village was getting ready to start its day, hence the silence. The T&I usually opened at 8 am but here they were, waiting for the certain reanimated guests they were notified of.

Shikamaru had told Naruto to at least get an hour of sleep when he met him in the hokage's office. He looked pale, bags under his eyes, he looked like he would fall any moment. Naruto went against Shikamaru words, grabbing the hokage cap to wear it but shikamaru stopped him.

"Do you really want your parents to see you like this?"

"It's my job shikamaru"

"Last time I checked. It was your job to protect the village, not to worry your parents! Get at least an hour or two of sleep or, I'll knock you out" shikamaru said gesturing his hand sideways near his neck.