Aa

Prologue
••

Haven't you heard? A group of girls that go on a trip to Miami don't come back as a group?

You thought that your little "friends" would stick by you the whole time?

That bitches wouldn't start showing their true colors?

You couldn't have possibly thought you were gonna survive a trip with lethal hoes, did you?

That you could actually keep yo' man, right?

Well then, you're one stupid ass bitch.

But that's fine, i'm one too! I just ain't know that until after the trip, but it's okay. I got em' next Summer.

-
Previously
Day 1
-

"Now, watch out Amour. I ain't the type to drive all the way up there and be captain save a hoe after I done told you a million times to keep yo' ass home!" My mother pestered through the phone, which was on speaker for the girls the hear.

Each of them circled around me, peering their ears out to hear my mother snap on the other end.

Ever since she found out there could possibly be a hurricane where we were going, that I was traveling with some friends she didn't like, and that a few of the girls had fake ID's, she wanted to make sure my ass stayed put.

"Amour, do you HEAR ME? If that hurricane snatch yo' ass don't expect me to jump in that bitch and drag you out. And IF I have to drag you out i'm beating yo' ass, tossing you back in dere', and pulling you out to beat yo' ass again! Am I UNDERSTOOD?"

"I would neva' let my momma talk to me like that." Chyna crossed her arms, shaking her head in disgust. "Neva' eva'!"

I shot Chyna a blank stare with a light frown before my mother and I shared our I love you's and goodbyes.

"Damn near 20 years old," Chyna added on, "At this point you need to put her in her place. You too grown for that woman to be speaking to you any kind of way."

I spotted a Jordan who rolled her eyes at the comment. I knew everyone so badly wanted to tell Chyna she stopped having a mother the day hers kicked her out for being pregnant with her cousin's baby.

She and him still talk and mess with each other till this day, just with the exception of the child she aborted.

"Anyways, can we go now?" Nia blurted, yanking at her suitcase, indicating how ready she was to leave. "My nigga is waiting! I'm not tryna miss his concert!"

Jordan rolled her eyes a second time, letting her fingers roam through her Brazilian bundles. "Nia, please don't tell me you talkin' bout' that rapper nigga."

"He is a real rapper! He's finna do nothing but spend money on us and make sure we have a good time. Don't be mad you ain't got a man made of money!" Nia threw her hands up in the air while pacing around the room.

As far as we all knew, this "rapper" was supposed to be flying us all out to Florida for our vacation, but canceled last minute because he supposedly had a "concert."

"Can I please let my boyfriend go with us?" Kira begged, for the 100th time this week. "I swear he won't ruin the trip."

"He don't have to be with you everywhere you go Kira. It's a GIRLS trip for a reason. Ain't no nigga allowed to come with us!" Chyna announced loudly, hands directed on her hips.