ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ 1

"ʟɪᴋᴇ ɪ'ʟʟ ꜱɪɴᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ,
ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ɪ'ʟʟ ᴍᴇʟᴛ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇꜱ"

"ʟɪᴋᴇ ɪ'ʟʟ ꜱɪɴᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ,ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ɪ'ʟʟ ᴍᴇʟᴛ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇꜱ"

"After them!"

"Don't let them get away!"

"Dead or alive, BRING THEM BACK!"

"You're gonna be fine... I promise." A boy with black hair mumbled, holding on tightly to the smaller boy. The black haired boy's voice was shaking as he tried not to cry. "Live a good life...yeah? Live a life for both of us."

"(M/N)...wake up." Ace mumbled while gently shaking the other boy awake. (M/N) slowly opened his eyes, looking up at Ace. "How are you gonna sleep in on your first day?" Ace said while chucking. "Go get changed, I'll meet you downstairs."

(M/N) stumbled out out of bed and walked into the shared bathroom, he lazily brushed his teeth and put on his uniform. After he was done he grabbed his bag and quickly ran after Ace so they could leave together.

Walking on main street was.... something, they were students walking all around, each looking different from the rest...some had ears while other had horns or simply just brightly colored haired. (M/N) glanced up at Ace who looked relaxed as ever, as (M/N) stared at him he noticed Ace's eyes light up. 'Oh no..' (M/N) thought, he knew that looked and he knew that it meant nothing good would come out of what would happen next. (M/N) glanced ahead at what Ace was staring at, he saw a pretty looking boy and a...raccoon? Cat? (M/N) couldn't tell. Ace walked with pride towards the duo.

"-anger management issues." He briefly heard the...cat.

"You don't know the Queen of Hearts?" Ace spoke loud and clear.

The cat flinched a bit before turning and facing Ace. "Queen of Hearts? Is she some kinds of big deal?" Ace let out a chuckled, "She was a queen who lived in a maze-like garden of roses long, long ago. She was a strict woman who prized order above all. She wouldn't tolerate a rose being off-color, or her playing-card soldiers being out of step." Ace took a pause before continuing. "She basically ruled over a kingdom of madness but not one of her subjects dared to defy her. You wanna know why? Because of the punishment, for breaking a rule was immediate decapitation!"

"Wah!! That is seriously messed up!" The cat yelled out. Ace's smile widened, "Pretty cool right, right? We're a big fan." When Ace said that (M/N) could feel the eyes of the tall black haired boy on him, feeling uncomfortable he tried to hide behind Ace more. "I mean, who would bother to obey a queen that was kind all the time?"

"Yeah, true, a leader needs to be strong... but puttin' that aside...you said who are you two?"

"Name's Ace and this-" Lightly shoving (M/N) forward, he urged the smaller boy to say his own name. "U-Uh, my name is (M/N)..." He whispered out. Ace smiled in pride at the boy actually speaking for himself. "We're both first-year students here, as of....today! Pleased to meetcha." (M/N) just nodded along with everything Ace said.