together forever

(this story does not include korean honorifics and neither does any of my other stories. lowercase is intended. this story has mentions of suicide and depression.)

i sighed as i stared into the night sky while thinking about how beautiful the world is. nobody ever seems to appreciate the world we live in. everyone is always rushing and minding their own business. no one ever stops to capture the moments that are beautiful. it's sad when you think about it.

i like to think that there are others like me. that i'm not alone. but it really is hard sometimes. often times i just want to jump. but then i remind myself that i would be leaving this world alone. i'm scared of being alone. and that's why i haven't done it.

but when i think about it, it's really easy to end it all. just one jump. just one cut. there are so many ways to leave this world. but it's too beautiful to.

i am reminded this when my nose suddenly caught the pleasant and wholesome aroma from the kitchen. my ears suddenly heard the sound of pots and pans and the voices of others. i suddenly felt the feeling you have as a kid when you're waiting for your mother to call you when the food is ready. the feeling you have when you see your father hugging her from the back while she's cooking.

i never knew what that feeling was like with my own parents, but i felt that feeling while watching tv. that's the closest i've ever gotten. the closest i've ever gotten to that comfort that i never had as a child.

"beomgyu! come eat!" soobin called.

"coming!" i said in a happy voice. but really, i wasn't very happy. i was sad for some reason. it killed me that i didn't know why.

but when i walked downstairs and saw everyone waiting for me with the brightest smiles, it made me smile too.

it's nice to know that there are people who love you, even though you have second thoughts and believe that nobody will ever love you. standing here right now, with the four of them, my heart felt warm. the food smelled amazing. yeonjun really is a great cook.

it finally felt like home.

i felt kai's hand grab mine and as he pulled me, my feet dragged on the floor. his face lit up with blush as he gave me a warm smile. it's like he knew i wasn't feeling okay.

"thank you..." my voice was shaky and my eyes started to water. "did someone cut onions?" they laughed.

"come here," taehyun said as he gave me a comforting hug. i then felt the warmth of three more bodies surrounding taehyun and i. i squeezed them tightly in my arms and smiled. all my stress was relieved.

in that moment, i truly felt loved. i was reminded that a family can be anybody. not everyone has one, but i know i am lucky to. i then closed my eyes and hoped this feeling would last forever.