A huge creature comforts you as you're having a panic attack

listen i know this thing will probably look cheesy but i wrote it as a last-minute bedtime story so please forgive me, i'm too nervous to try and edit it to look better, i'm just inexperienced pleaese give me a chance i promise i'll do better in the future please

You sat in your room alone, your pulse exceeding the speed limit. Your breath was fast and heavy, but you felt like you barely had enough oxygen being processed.

The same horrific thoughts keep looping in your head, and you have no idea when they will stop, or *how* it's going to stop.

You swear you could feel tears ready to pour out of you, but something in you keeps you from that sweet release.

You're so done, man. You can't take this no more.

...

You barely hear something outside from past the deafening static bombarding your thoughts. You think nothing of it until you hear it get progressively louder. You could feel the earth beneath you beginning to shake.

Hoping that it's just a hallucination, you stay in the same spot, just waiting for whatever it is that's keeping you here to go away. Could just be the laundry room, or construction outside.

...

Construction couldn't get as loud as this.

At this point, it feels like an earthquake.

You gain the strength to stand up and look out your window.

...

You see something blocking the view from a large portion of the outside world. You can't even tell what it is, all you know is that it's huge. You look up.

Finally, something familiar. It has a humanoid shape, and upon closer examination; a face.

Well, now that you know that this disturbance could quite possibly be anything but an it, you unlock your window and open it.

Any functioning individual would run, hide, and call authorities, but not you. At this point, you'll take anything that could possibly ease your pain. Maybe they have magic calming powers since they're already so unrealistically huge?

The entity immediately takes notice. They look down at you with curious eyes.

You feel your stomach drop. Out of all the things you'd expect in life, this has never crossed your mind. Ever.

Instead of the entity raising their foot to crush you like you half-expected, they carefully drop to their knees, trying not to shatter the concrete road below.

They bring their face closer to you for a better look, slightly tilting their head.

Entire body trembling, you reach your arm out, hoping they might understand what you're doing, while you don't.

...

No lasers? No ungodly roar? No retaliation? Nope. They just reach their own arm out to you, exposing their palm.

Like the reckless individual you are, you gently reach out and grip their goliath-sized fingers.

You almost fall out the window in the process, but they had the reflexes to bring their hand closer and let you land on their palm.

Wow.

You don't even notice your brain static fading away. You're scared, but not in a negative way. More like...excited.

This could honestly just be a really vivid dream, but you don't remember being able to previously see your reflection. You never see your reflection in your dreams.

The giant slowly pulls their hand closer to themselves, looking down at you with eyes that only show compassion and care. It's as if you knew that they knew about you-- your sticky situation.

Laying on your back, overwhelmed by the sky-scraping gentle giant, you speak up.

"H-Hi...!" Your voice croaked. What a terrible first impression.

The giant didn't seem to mind though, their eyes only widened and practically sparkled.

Slowly and carefully, they bring their other hand to cup you in their hands, as if you were an interesting insect. They bring you closer to their torso and lower their eyes, trying to telepathically send you comfort.

You smile, for what feels like the first time in days. You let your body loosen into their palms.

"Thank you..." you practically mutter.

Tonight, you're safe.

You're finally safe.