A Friendly Visit

A/N

May be my last post here for a while. I'm just getting no interaction so I have no idea if people love or hate this story. I know it hasn't really began yet but it's be a while with only one commenter. I'm grateful for their comment as well. I'm not gonna beg. I'll write for my beta because she loves this story but honestly idk if I want to post it online, or at least here, for no one.

Much love,

Ad

The Parisian horizon at night was lovely, a thick velvet dark blue skyline offset by the bright twinkling lights across the city with the Eiffel Tower at its centerpiece could bring thoughts of love and happiness to anyone's mind. Chat could understand why his home was known as the City of Love to the rest of the world as he perched on the roof of the small apartment building. He was soaking in the sights around him as he silently waited for the two he had been following all night to come up on their inevitable stop. He knew where Marinette lived after his alter ego, Adrien, helped her move in. The memory of the frosting fight the four of them had gotten into that night after Marinette presented them with a large cake as a thank you gift brought a small smile to his lips. It had been one of the last times the four of them were together, and something he needed desperately back then as he was still processing the fact that it was his own father attacking Paris and attempting to get his and Ladybug's Miraculous. It was his contact with his friends that truly pulled him through that dark time in his life. Without Nino insisting he continue to go out with them and Alya as well as Marinette insisted that they wanted him around still, he would have fallen into a deep depression that would be so complete even Plagg would not have been able to reach him.

"I told you it would be fun, you needed to relax." Chat's ears perked as the voice of the male who had been pestering Mari reached his ears. He leaned over the edge of the building to see the brunet with his arm over Marinette's shoulder once again. They were walking close together as they made their way down the sidewalk towards her building, but only he seemed comfortable in the situation. She was withdrawn, her head pointed down as she hugged her arms to herself while she walked.

'I'm not sure your friends were happy to see me there." She mumbled the words. Chat doubted that her current companion could hear her, but thanks to his magically gifted cat ears, he could. She was unhappy about the night's events. He could relate. After meeting with the Mayor, who he preferred without the long ponytail that reminded him of his childhood friend, he had returned to Agreste Fashion and had dealt with Abigail's near breakdown about the lack of a particular fabric. He had to bribe Plagg with two weeks worth of camembert cheese, which was much more than one would think, even to transform for this side job he had given himself.

"They were! They just don't show it well.." The guy at her side chuckled as he scratched at the base of his neck. She shrugged in return and let out a soft sigh of displeasure.

"Oh, this is my place. Thanks for walking me home Michal." Marinette moved away from him as she spoke and the look on the man's face when she turned her back to him made Chat's blood run cold. It was a boiling anger in his deep brown eyes, and it really caused Adrien to fear for his friend's wellbeing. He was so taken by the man's expression that he almost didn't notice what he was doing with his hands. Almost.

He was holding one hand at his side while the other was stuffed into the pocket of his jeans. The hand held at his side was balled into a fist for a moment after Marinette headed inside without him, but to Chat's short lived confusion, soon he was holding out one finger, then another and another, each digit being pulled from the fist after the same amount of time that it would take someone to make it up a flight of stairs. Chat wanted to growl as he came to the realization that this Michal was counting to see which floor Marinette lived on. He knew that the stairs in her building were lined with windows, he even knew that the building didn't have an elevator. The memory of Nino complaining about that fact as he and Adrien hauled a couch up to her new home filled his mind as he thought over these facts. Marinette had not invited him in, meaning that she wasn't quite ready to show the guy where she lived. The fact that he was standing on the sidewalk counting each floor she passed in the windows as she made her way up the stairs was creepy to say the least. He felt useless as he watched Michal's lips pull into a sideways smirk before the brunet male turned and made his way back down the sidewalk towards the direction they had just come from.