A small foresty meeting, a worried mother, and a new friend

The next day we had off, Luz, King, Lilith, and Hooty were going on an adventure. To kings "Castle" or whatever.

I told eda about it, and she ran out. "Well then. House to myself I guess." I walked around and explored a bunch of different places in the house.

When they didnt return, i got really bored, so i grabbed my flute, and walked out the door. A little sad no one was there to say goodbye to. But i shrugged it off. I had gotten so used to the company in the past three ish months that it felt weird being all alone again.

As i walked to the spot i normally practiced at, i noticed a white cloak standing with its back to me. "Oh hell no..." He must have heard me cause the golden guard turned around, Armed. I jumped and shielded myself with my arms.

"Oh. Its just you." He lowered his staff. "??? You arent going to kill me?-" He tilted his head "Why would i do that?" he noticed my flute case "What are you doing with your flute?" I looked away, Embarrassed. "Were you.. Planning on practicing?" "No!- I-" "I would.. Like to hear you play..." now That caught me off guard. "R-Really?" He nodded.

I sat down, and put my flute together. putting it to my mouth, playing a soft melody (Your choice). Letting the Emerald Green blanket wrap around everything. "Woah..." He looked around. I kept playing, and a few animals came and sat down near us. I smiled.

"Your playing is really beautiful.. Im sorry i called you Useless...." I look at him, and stop playing. ". . . . Can i have your name yet?.." He shook his head. "Not yet. little Flutist." "You know Mine, why cant i know Yours?" "Im sorry." He got on his staff, and flew off.

i packed up my stuff and left. the house was still quiet when i got back, so i just went upstairs and went to sleep, not wanting to be awake when They- Luz, Eda, King, Lilith and Hooty -came back.

-------(In the morning)-------

I awoke to the smell of food, and instantly got up to check it out. Eda and Lilith were cooking breakfast, and Luz and King were waiting to eat. Luz saw me "Hey Y/N, We didnt wanna wake you, cause you looked like you were having a great dream!" well, if you wanna call Running from your friend as a beast a "Great" dream be my guest.

"Yeah.. It was a good dream." i smiled slightly and sat beside her. "Whats on the agenda for today?" i didnt hear her as she went on about what today was about, when a knock was heard at the door.

Eda went and opened the door. "Gwendolyn." the rest of the house followed her. "Oh, are we still on that.? Im your mother Call me mom!" "MOM?!" the rest of the house called in unison.

she, Gwen, proceeded to ask eda hows shes been "I heard ALL about the Petrification ceremony, Trust me, i have a LOT of strong words for that belos."
"Mother!" Lilith jumped on edas back. "Mother.. You know I was there too.." "Awh, Hello to you Too sweet flea, Still dying your hair i see, well, its very Sleek, Now, Give me a moment with Edalyn dear, its Very important!"

she proceeded to go on about how she would be completing a 30 year mission. Eda mumbled "oh No..." "Your Mother, has Finally Succeeded!" "here it comes..." "Today i shall be Healing your Curse!" "Mmmm No Thanks." Me, Luz, and Lilith stared at her, wide eyed "What?!?" "I said, no thanks, I have my elixir system, Im Good." "But.. But who Knows what the put in those.. Nasty concoctions." "Actually, I Do. Agh- Would you look at the time?? i have a lot to do today, So sad to see you go, Okay Byeee!" Eda smacked her mothers staff and it flies off.

She dusted her hands off. "Moms. Am I right?" we all were Petrified. "I havent seen mother in forever!! and she was handing you a cure on a SILVER PLATER!" "Id KILL to see my mom right now and you just- LAUNCH yours into the SKY??" Lilith and Luz were Not happy. "Oh listen. She comes around every year toting a new 'Cure' for my curse, but they never work, So i am Done getting my hopes up."

Lilith look at the ground "Mother visits edalyn.. Regularly?" she said the last part and walked inside. thats mommy issues if ive ever seen it. I decided to go to the city. not wanting to be a part of whatever was happening. On the walk, i thought about My mother..

"Why cant you do better! this isnt how i raised you!!" "You want to give up your dreams of becoming a Vet?? for what?! Making noise?!?!" I shook my head, trying to rid my thoughts of her. She was alright when i didnt bring up how i felt. or when i wasnt practing my flute.

I got to city, and went to the library. a bit of reading might take my mind off her. I walk inside, and start looking around.

-------(After a.. WHILE. of reading.)-------

i was accidentally sucked into my books, and didnt realize how much time had passed, until a crash outside brought me out of my thoughts.

I ran outside and saw Eda and Lilith in their beast forms duking it out. Luz and Gwendolyn behind them. They landed on a roof, and Gwendolyn went up to eda, she must have said something, cause for a brief second i saw edas eyes.

Eda jumped on her sisters back, and luz was flying above them. king jumped down and tugged their ears, and luz dumped what i think was the Elixir into their mouths, cause in the next second, a firey owl thing launched the two beasts into the sky, and they changed back. They had a hug session, and went home.

I didnt quite feel like going home yet, But the woods was kind of a safe space for me now. i could speak to half the beasts there, and make friends with a few if i wanted, but i just wanted a quiet walk.

While walking towards the house, i heard a guitar being played softly, and noticed i was was right outside a bards domain, so i softly continued, not wanting to spook them.

As i get deeper into their domain, the guitar gets closer. I peek from behind a tree, and see long white hair, and bright purple skin. She looked in my direction "I know youre there, Come on out, i dont bite." her pointed teeth told me otherwise, but i stepped out anyway.

"Waiiit I know you! Youre Y/N! Im in your class at hexside!" She smiled widely. "I... think i remember you. Pheyis, Right? The guitarist." "Spot on! Youre really awsome for doing Flute. Thats a really Hard instrument to play as a bard." "Thanks.." "I only really know of one composer that played Flute, but he went missing about 17 years ago." She giggled. "Oh?" I was interested in this composer immediately.

"Oh well, So do you wanna be friends??" i nodded slightly, i wouldve felt bad if i said no. she was really sweet. she slung her guitar over her shoulder "I have to go home! my parents might get mad if i stay out past sundown." She walked off "Play if you need me!" and then she was gone.

I walked the rest of the way home, very happy. I made a friend. and mom isnt here to yell at me for pretending i have friends. I smiled and did a little dance, walking into the owl house. "Someone seems really happy!! Hoot!" "I am hooty. Now, Im going to go to bed. i have a feeling something Big is going to happen tomorrow."

--------------

Word count; 1336

What could possibly happen?