Part 5 🐉

"Hey, Riddle! What's shakin', pal? You're lookin' adorbs, as always!" Cater said as he tried to distract the dorm leader.
     "Hmph. Cater, keep running that mouth and you'll lose it--along with the rest of your head." Riddle threatened. "Sorry, sorry! My bad!" Cater backed away, scared.
     "Myah?! You're the guy who put that stupid collar on me at the orientation ceremony!" Grim growled.
     "And you're the new students who were nearly expelled yesterday. I'll ask that you not refer to my signature spell as a "stupid collar." Riddle crossed his arms, he looks disappointed. "The headmage's habit of tolerating rule breakers like you is going to send this entire campus spiraling into chaos one day." Riddle sighed. "Those who break the rules should have their heads removed immediately, without exception." Riddle lectured.
     "Dude, seriously? This guys looks like a wimp, but talks like a monster!" Ace muttered.
     "The headmage may have forgiven you, but if you break any further rules, I assure you I will not." Riddle warned.
     "So, uh, listen, housewarden, sir... Any change I could get you to remove this collar?" Ace asked with plea.
    "I had intended to remove it once you'd taken an opportunity to reflect upon your crimes. But I've not detected so much as a hint of remorse in the foolishness I've heard you spout today." Riddle reasoned. "So I think I'll let you keep that for a while." He finished. "Don't warry. The freshman curriculum is more focused on magical theory than practice." Riddle said. "And your inability to use magic will help prevent indicants along the lines of what happened yesterday. Now, if you've finished your meal, you should quit gossiping and prepare for your next class." Riddle said as he propped his hands on his hips. "Rule 271 is quite clear; "One must leave the table within fifteen minutes of completing their lunch." You DO understand what happens to rulebreakers I trust?" He recited.
     "*sigh* More insane rules..." Ace sighed.
    "I believe you mean to say, "Yes, Housewarden!" He shouted.
    "Yes, Housewarden!" Deuce and Ace shouted.
    "Very well, then." Riddle crossed his arms.
    "Don't worry, I'll keep an eye on them." Trey comforted.
    "Hmm. As vice housewarden, I trust you'll avoid any further indiscreet conversation. Riddle said. "Now, as per rule 339... "The post-meal beverage is to be lemon tea with two sugar cubes. Thus, I must go to acquire my sugar cubes. Farewell." He said while walking away. 'Don't even get me started on their violation of running out of sugar cubes...!" He muttered.

*Drip*

*Drop*

"Yeesh! That was terrifying." Cater sighed.
    "Next time you should limit your words... Who knows what will happen.." I rubbed my forehead.
    "Yeah but... That guy has some serious issues." Grim furrowed his brows.
     "Hey, don't disrespect him! And don't ignore what Supervisor-kun said!" Deuce flicked the raccoon's head.
    "Ouch!" Grim whined.
    "Is the housewarden gone?" Heartslabyul Student A whispered.
    "I totally just broke rule 186, "never eat a hamburger on Tuesday." I don't know what I would have done if he'd caught me!" Student B panicked.
     "*Sigh* ...I wished he wouldn't come here so we could eat lunch in peace." Student A complained.
    "......" Cater and Trey stayed silent.
    "Riddle managed to secure the housewarden title before the end of his very first week at school." Trey said. "I know he can come off a bit harsh, but he's not a bad guy. Everything he does, he does because he thinks it'll improve the dorm." Trey smiled.
    "Would a good guy go around putting collars on strangers' necks?" Grim groaned.
    "Heh heh..." Cater and Trey nervously laugh.
     "So what's this "signature spell" he mentioned?" Yuu asked.
    "Hm? You're curious about Riddle's signature spell?" Cater asked.
     "That means, like... it's a spell that only he can cast, right?" Deuce tried to confirm.
    "I doubt he's the only person in the whole world..." Trey fixed his glasses.
    "But yes, a signature spell is a magical ability that is, generally speaking, unique to its user. You'll learn about them in class soon enough." Trey said.
    "Riddle's signature spell allows him to temporarily seal away the magic of another. The spell is named..." Cater trialed off.

"Off With Your Head!"

"Even the name is completely psycho!" Grim looked shocked.
     "To a mage, losing the ability to use magic is about as painful as losing your head completely. Which is why all of us at Heartslabyul House try hard not to violate Riddle's rules." Cater said as he raised a finger.
    "And as long as you are following the rules, Riddle isn't so scary." Trey added on.
    "Speaking of which-are you still not gonna let me into the dorm until I buy a tart, Cater?" Ace asked.
     "Don't @ me, but...yeah. That's rule 53, so my hands are tied." Cater laughed while scratching his neck. "Also, Riddle always looks forward to having the first slice of tart. So if you want him to forgive you, you had better bring him a whole tart!" Cater smiled at Ace.
     "What happened to "We're all from the same dorm, let's try to get along?" Throw me a bone here!" Ace whined.
    "That's one thing. This is another." Cater smiled again.
     "A whole tart has gotta be pretty expensive." Deuce worriedly looks at Ace.
     "Seriously? I don't have that much money!" Ace crumpled down onto the table.
    "....." They both looked at me. "No." I shook my head.
     "Well, then why not make one yourself? Trey made those tarts by hand, after all." Cater suggested to Ace.
    "It has to be cheaper than buying one." Yuu sighed.
    "You made those tarts, Trey? That's incredible! That was like something you'd find at a bakery!" Ace looked astonished.
    "Heh. I appreciate that. We do have most of the stuff you'd need, but..." Trey pondered.
    "I'm afraid I'll need something from you in return." Trey crossed his arms.
    "You're gonna charge me to make it?! What kind racket?!" Ace groaned.
    "Nah, I wouldn't take money from a freshman!" Trey furrowed his brows. "But Riddle wants a chestnut tart next, so I'm gonna need you to gather a ton of chestnuts." Trey said.
    "Like that's any less of a hassle. But...fine. How many do you need?" Ace asked.
    "Well, it's for the unbirthday party, so... Probably two or three hundred?" Trey thought aloud.
    "Did you say HUNDRED?!" The trio and Grim screamed.
    "And they're all gonna need to be boiled, shelled, and pureed." Trey smiled as he pushes his glasses up for the 100000th time.

I checked my watch, and I realized it was time to go. "Ah, um. Sorry to disrupt but I need to be going now. Work calls." I stood up.
     "Hm? Already? No!" Cater whined as he wrapped his arms around me.
    "I'm sorry Cater." I turned. I still heard the hollers out there.

3:13PM

11/5/22
-S
--------

Short chapter sorry lol

but I'm alive