Chapter 3

Jaiden's P.O.V

Jaiden gave his dad the same blank look he gave him two minuets before. He knew things have been better and that things are never ideal but this is too extreme.

"What do you mean you and Mom are getting a divorce?" he asked for the third time. He had received the same answer from his Mom every time he asked.

"Nothing happened, it's just that me and your dad just don't love each other like that anymore." At this point his mom sounded like a broken record.

At around ten in the morning his mom and dad say he and Hadley for a family meeting. He had originally thought this was going to be about his dad's career and when they will be able to visit him but he got something completely different.

Hadley didn't really understand which wasn't much of a surprise, he was to young to know what this would mean for our family.

"Does this mean daddy won't see us anymore?" Hadley asked. My parents quickly shook their heads and explained the arrangement. We would stay in London until school ends and holiday begins, which isn't to far away from now, then we would spend the summer at dad's apartment in New York. The rest has yet to be figured out but they promised it would be like old times, just different.

Jaiden sighs and props his head against his hand.

"Look I get it, you're adults and you can make your own decisions, you can stop apologizing now. I'm not saying I'm happy about this arrangement but will I be on my best behavior and see how this plays out? Yes because you deserve that much." Jaiden gets up off the couch and faces his parents who are in a stunned silence.

"I love you and I'll be in my room if you need me." and with that Jaiden makes his way to the room he and Hadley share and shuts the door. He slides against the door, head in his knees and hope that somehow his family will survive this.

He is more worried about Hadley then anything, his innocent smile and bright eyes, he isn't prepared for what the next months have in store. Who knows? His dad might find a girlfriend, he grimaces at the thought. Not only would that not be far to mom, it's not fair for him and Hadley. His dad would be to busy trying to impress his girlfriend he'll completely forget about them.

He loses his train of thought when he hears a soft knock on the door.

"Jaiden, it's me," A small voice whispered. "Let me in." He instantly knew it was Hadley and got up to open the door.

Haldey looked at Jaiden and ran into his arms. His eyes were red and nose was running.

"Jaiden?" Hadley asked looking at him with wide eyes.

"Yeah?"

"Does this mean that daddy is going to forget us? I mean, he will have his job and..." his words drifted off. "Will he?"

Jaiden shakes his head aggressively. "I will make sure nothing or anyone will ever get between us and that. That's a promise."

Hadley nods and hugs him one more time. "Thanks Jaiden, that made me feel better."

He nods and replies. "You should take a shower, it will make feel more at peace."

Hadley obeys and leaves the room, little did Hadley know how much Jaiden intends to keep that promise. The look on Hadley's face and the way he had felt  was something he never wanted his brother to have to deal with, ever again.

Author's note

Thank you guys so much for your support, it really means a lot! I wanted to throw up this quick chapter  as a piece of gratitude. I hope you have a great *insert time of day*!

Your friend,

~Rebel Belle