Chapter 25

Snow's POV:

"What's the point of having the boy if you have nothing to make without the instructions?" I asked. Stalling would have worked until I figured out what to do.

He shrugged, "I have no idea. But you would be able to do whatever you want with it, like causing a setback for the whole operation. I know you heard what we said earlier. I'm not an idiot to know when someone I'd listening to my conversations."

He was right; if we finally got the papers, then we could simply burn them to pieces. But the only risk that would take is if they had another copy of the instructions. Then we'd give over Blondie for nothing.

"And you think I'm not worried about fakes or copies that could mean nothing if you handed them over?"

The corner of his mouth twitched, "Then you'll have to take my word for it."

"Don't."

It was a faint whisper in my earpiece, which I had forgotten about.

"Apologies, Maddox, but we don't have a deal," His face hardened at my words.

"Very well. It was a pleasure to see you, Snow," He grinned. With that, my brother and the other guard charged at me without warning.

Chaos appeared from the stairwell and jumped in at the right time to punch the big one. We split off, and I was forced to go against my only family left without remorse. He had no love in his eyes like he did the nights we'd see one another.

"Fratello?" I whispered.

"Stare al Gioco," He mumbled back. I nodded, getting into position. We had to make this believable, or else we're both dead.

His swings came hard at my face; I dodged every one of them. I caught his wrist, twisting him into an uncomfortable position, but he threw his knife to his other hand and swung at me to let go.

"My boy..." Maddox said, "What type of fighting is this? Let me show you."

I didn't even get the chance to move before he swung at my face. It sent me to the floor as my face pounded with pain. I grit my teeth in annoyance.

Definitely not going to let him live now.

"You're not as headstrong from when the last time--" He didn't finish before I caught his feet, using his weight to send him tumbling down too.

I took the chance to place my knife to his neck, holding back on cutting him open.

His knee knocked the air out of me, giving him a chance to overpower me.

I slammed my head into his, twisted his arm, and pinned him to the floor. The anger spread in my stomach, but I tried my best to ignore it.

I looked at Chaos who was still fighting it out with the big one. The brute he fought hit the floor, blood dripping from his nose at a concerning rate. Chaos was panting heavily but was still standing. He looked at me, and I motioned my head toward the doctor holding the case.

"Your Master taught you well--"Do you ever shut up?" I sighed.

Something clicked at the back of my head and I froze.

A semiautomatic pistol guessing off of the thickness of the muzzle.

My tongue clicked in my mouth. Nothing was going my way today.

I didn't move my body, The gun was let off lightly and moved around my skull till the person holding it stood in front of me.

From the looks of Ian's eyes, he knew he took it too far.