Chapter Eleven

Alexandra wakes to a loud scream in the night. For a moment she believes it may have been a dream of hers until she hears it once more, recognizing the queen's voice. She bolts out of bed, not caring that she is in a nightgown and runs down the hallway towards the main dining room. She comes to a halt once she sees the queen in a pile on the floor and Patrova trying to comfort her. "Patrova, what is going on?" She asks quietly and the woman looks up at Alexandra with sorrowful eyes.

"Alexandra..." she straightens as she hears the male voice behind her and turns to see her older brother. He looks as if he has been through a fight, his clothes soaked in blood, but the blood smelled of the McAlisters. She shakes her head, looking back at Patrova, as if she can tell her that something terrible hasn't happened.

"Where is Dylan? Why are you covered in blood? Why are you here?" She is shaking as Isabella cries on the dining room floor. Alaric looks at her with sorrow and steps forward, placing his hands on her shoulders.

"Alexander escaped and he killed Vladimir. I have been ordered to bring the queen, Lillian, and you back immediately. You are no longer safe away from the mansion." Her eyes widen and her legs wobble underneath her. She has only been here for a few months. She has learned basic control and nothing more. Sensing her shock Alaric wraps his arm around her to keep her standing.

"Dylan...is he- How is he?" She looks into her brother's eyes and she can see that her mate is not handling it well.

"He needs you, now more than ever. He hasn't left the study since the incident and Brandon says he has been drinking." Alexandra nods and turns to see Patrova gathering her daughter from the ground.

"I will be joining you, my daughter needs me now." Alaric doesn't argue and they aren't able to pack anything before they are escorted out of the home and into a black SUV with tinted windows. She feels her mind pulling at the edges of a feeling, a darkness she hasn't felt in her lifetime.
She feels the tears begin to fall as the sadness and anger begin to swallow her own emotions and she doesn't know where this is coming from. She knows that this emotion does not belong to her, especially not the nervousness that accompanies it.

Dylan? Is that you?

There is no answer but another feeling begins to enter her body, recognition.

Princess?

She covers her mouth at the pain that comes from the sound of just his thoughts. She can't imagine what he is feeling in full force.

I'm coming home my love, I'm coming back to you.

The feelings disappear suddenly as the connection breaks, knowing that it is her that is unable to maintain it. She tries again to connect to him but is unable to do so. Alaric sits in the back with her and the smell of blood is making her throat sore.

"Sister, is the blood bothering you?" She peaks up at him and he scoots closer to her. Moving in her seat, he leans down and she grasps the collar of his shirt, pulling herself up so that she can bite into his throat. His hand grasps the back of her head and she wraps her arms around his neck. "That's it, drink deeply, you will need your energy."

She feels the tears run down her cheeks as the blood pours over her tongue. She has learned in this time away that she can take more than she originally thought during a feeding and it has helped her control herself. She pulls away but he urges her to continue. She gets on her knees and switches sides, digging her fangs into the other side of his throat. He cradles her gently as she feasts on his blood.

When we get back Alexandra, Dylan is going to need your blood. You are going to be his rock. Anything he needs he will look to you for and within reason, I need you to give it to him.