surprises

I woke up and threw my boots on. I went to the cow barn. I hooked the gate and got all the cows up and pushed them to the milling area. I hooked them all up and then went back in to muck the stalls and add fresh feed. I got the other cows ready and let the other cows back. I shut the gate and went around to open the other gate. They came in and I hooked them up. I went and mucked the stalls.

Dillan: it's 7:30.
Maesyn: welcome to my life.
Dillan: it's a Saturday.
Maesyn: yeah?
Dillan: Saturdays we don't do cows till nine.
Maesyn: it's different doing chores when you do them alone.
Dillan: true.

I gave them new food. I brought them back. I locked the gate. I went to check on the calves. Normally Kelli does them. I went to the milk room and made their bottles. I bottle fed each one.

Dillan: you do them one by one?

I showed him my hands. He was feeding one too.

Dillan: ah I see.

I continued, he helped, until we had fed all ten. I washed the bottled and then went out. We went to the horse barn. I fed them. After I grabbed the old buckets and washed them out.

Dillan: so what are you gonna do today?
Maesyn: I am going to Finnish my lean to stalls. So if you don't want to stay you don't have to.
Dillan: you do it all by yourself?
Maesyn: yeah.
Dillan: Damn.

I put the buckets upside down on the shelf in the feed room. I opened the pasture gate and the doors, letting them connect and then opened all the stall doors, letting the horses all run out. After I mucked the stalls and laid fresh bed. And then I added water. I went and got the eggs and washed them off them put them in the barn fridge. I shut it off and went inside. I showered and put this on,

I blow dried my hair and then braided it and put the hat on

I blow dried my hair and then braided it and put the hat on. I went down and made breakfast and we ate together. We went outside.

Maesyn: I only have one drill.
Dillan: I'm gonna run home and shower. I'll be back in two hours.

I nodded. I grabbed my tool belt. I strapped it on as I walked up to the ladder. I picked up the ladder and laid it against the pole. I put the tin in a row. I climbed up, holding one above my head and pushing it up. I got it up and slid it away. I pulled up the next one and laid it next to the one I just laid down. I did that until I had the top full. I nailed them down. I climbed down. I had gotten just the right amount of tin. It looked good. I made sure the doors were good. Then I went back to the barn. Ten minutes later Dillan walked in.

Dillan: done already?
Maesyn: I don't do things slow. I do things fast enough to get them done so I can move on to the next thing.

I went to the garden. I had just taken almost everything out of it. I picked the pumpkins and placed them by the cow barn doors, the horse barn doors and on the deck. After, I went and grabbed my camera.