I'm just a moment.

"Al, get the fuck up!" Jamie shouted at me for at least the tenth time this morning. I growled loudly and reluctantly rolled over. Another gross morning in this gross town," I get up early to wake your ass up so you could at least make the effort wake up." 

"Yeah, Jamie I get it." I snapped and forced myself out of bed. Every day my sister gives me the same speech about getting up but this morning I cut her short. I had it memorised anyway.  

Ever since our mother and younger sister were brutally murdered by our 'father' she and I have lived together. We look after each other and I appreciate everything she does for me but it 7:15 am and I never sleep well. 

I avoided the large rectangular mirror that hung on my door, at all costs. I'm always such a mess in the morning. I pulled my iPod out of it's leather case and attached it to it's speakers, blaring ACDC's song back in black loudly on repeat as I got ready for school.  

Black elbow length sleeved shirt, black skinnies, black hoodie, my schools gross black and gold tie and my black leather knee high army-type boots. That is what I wear as uniform. I envy the Americans who wear whatever they want . 

Now I know what you may be thinking , 'emo'. If you are thinking that then I suggest that you stop. That word is short for emotional and you cannot simply tell if a person is emotional just by their appearance. That word is forbidden. Every time you think it that word you owe me £1... No but seriously don't use that word. 

I eventually made my way to the mirror, avoiding eye contact with my messy reflection. I carefully drew the outline of my eye make-up with black liquid liner , giving myself a triangular flick at the corner of each eye and filled in the rest.  

Afterwards I moved onto my hair. I always take a great amount of time on my hair. Since it was the only thing I liked about myself I like to perfect it. I back-combed it carefully until it made neat spikes which leaned to the left and progressively moved down my head. I used to have long , practically butt length, flat hair but I cut it to my collar bones when my family died. It's how I made me new start. Then I began to change everything about myself. Of course it was difficult , I was only twelve after all but that's a story for another time.  

I left my room, picking up my vans back pack as I did every morning.  

Jamie had of course collapsed onto the couch and fell asleep as usual. 

I left without eating , I don't usually eat in the morning or during the day. 

When I left I locked the door behind me. 

As I stepped out of our building and into the cold early morning wind I felt a deep shiver run up my spine and over my shoulders. 

"Fucking Scotland." I hissed under my breath and pushed both of my earphones in my ears and listening to fall out boy's new song , my songs know what you did in the dark. 

At least it's Friday.

----------

I stared down at the smooth yellowish wooden table, tracing the wood grain with y finger. 

"Al, are you even listening to me?" 

I immediately looked up to see my best friend's face only inches from mine, her eyes open wide. She looked at my blank expression for a few seconds before tapping my chin with one of her silver snake bites. 

"Thanks , Cass." I said sarcastically and rolled my eyes at her.  

Cassidy has been my best friend for years now. We've seen each other through the darkest of times, my family's deaths which led to my depression, anorexia (which I'm still slowly recovering from) and eventually me becoming suicidal, and her struggle with her struggle with her father abusing her and her mother which led to her ridiculously awful amount of self harm, her period of drug misuse and her ongoing battle with depression  

We haven't had it easy but who honestly hasn't had a few difficult times? 

"I said, are you okay with dying my fringe red before the concert tonight?" She asked and slumped back into her chair, a grin stretching along her face. 

I nodded and played with my lip ring. I could barely contain my excitement. Tonight we are going to see All Time Low, a band that has kept me going for a long time. Their music never necessarily have me any solutions to my problems but they always offered me a few minutes to escape from it all.  

"I think I have some red dye in my room." She always has me dying her hair , I've done it so many times now that I feel like I've mastered it. I was the one who dyed her hair black and bleached her fringe until it was a Snowy white. I've also changed my hair colour a few times, currently it's a tealish colour. 

I played with the ends of my hair which only just reached my collar bones. 

"Hey, look it's a couple of moshers."An ignorant first year said as he pointed at us mockingly.  

It's always funny when this happens because only younger people at school think we're freaks , well they are the only ones who expressed it. 

Most people in our year have admitted to admiring how little we care about what people think of us and how we're capable of keeping away from what's considered as 'the norm' in society without feeling pressured to follow the crowds. Of course there are people who most likely think differently of us but they've never had the balls to say it to our faces.  

We're considered as 'the leaders of the outcasts' when they say outcasts what they really mean is the people who aren't afraid if being extraordinary , aren't afraid of their and other's sexuality, standing up for their sense of morality and aren't always full of confidence and don't don't feel the need to cake their faces in make-up. I mean, fair enough if you want to wear a lot of make-up then go for it, do as you please. I honestly couldn't care less , after all it's your face but some girls at our school don't know the difference between foundation and a packet of cheese Doritos.  

It used to be that if you were different then you were a freak but at some point, almost over night, people suddenly were desperate to be 'unique'. When they thought they were different they would go around claiming to be 'so unique' but what they don't understand is that if you try to be unique like everyone else on this goddamn planet then you're not being unique.  

That's why it's best to be yourself because there's nobody in the world who is exactly the same as you in every little detail, unless you have a clone, therefore being your true self is as unique as you can possibly be. 

"I want to hit that prick." Cass growled angrily, " hey, you little prick! C'mere and say that to our faces!' The little kid practically ran away with his tail between his legs. 

Cass' such a loud mouth. 

"Who gives a shit what he thinks? We're going to see All Time Fucking Low." 

~

So I'm sorry if this isn't any good.  

I've never let anyone read ANYTHING that I've written before but I know that I like to write so I tried I guess? 

I think the next chapter should be up soon...