05| Aftermath

Recap

"But after my mom started working with the police to find her, she got killed." Reina began.

"My aunt Rose told us we had to leave after she was killed, but that we'd continue growing her industry. And that's what I've done for the past 7 years." She finished. Finally taking a glance at Fezco, who has a face of complete shock.

————————————————————————

Song: "Bluffin'" by Khalid.

Reina hadn't known Fezco for long. But, in the two hours or so she had, he'd never really given a strong reaction to...anything.

"So your mom and your pops worked for a drug dealer? Then after your mom died, you and your daddy booked it to LA?" He asked.

"Basically," Reina nodded. "My aunt said it was for the best, to protect me and my dad." She whispered.

"Not gonna lie, even if she's a drug dealer. She sounds like a badass." Fezco said before chuckling. She slowly nodded.

"She was." Reina sighed. "She got strangled during an undercover job." Said Reina, before looking down at the bowl of ice in her lap that had picked up the color of Fezco's blood.

"Damn, I'm sorry." He said, he used his finger to move a piece of her loose hair behind her ear. This made her look up at him.

She stared deep into his blue eyes, admiring his long eyelashes. Without realizing it, they'd both inched closer to each other.

They had leaned so close together, Reina could feel his hot breath hitch against her lips. The tips of their noses grazed each other, she felt Fezco's un-damaged hand rest on her waist.

"So, Fezco. How old are you?" She asked curiously, pulling away from him.

With the moment they shared just seconds prior, she needed to know. And she knew Fezco was older, she just wanted to make sure he wasn't like over 20.

"Just turned 19 last week," he said.
"Damn." Reina whispered under her breath.

"Why, how old are you?" he said, letting go of her waist and leaning back. "Please don't say, like, 15."

Reina watched as Fezco began to grow a worried look on his face, causing her to giggle at him,
"No, I'm 17. But my birthday is coming up soon."
"Oh thank god." He said, closing his eyes and sighing in relief. Reina let a small laugh out at his reaction.

"Fez, tryna watch a movie?" Said a voice, causing Fezco and Reina to look in that direction.

Reina not recognizing the voice that was coming out of the hallway.

"Oh, i didn't know she was still over."

"No worries, I'll be on my way. Fezco, ice your hand at least twice a day. Keep it wrapped, and elevate it. If it hurts, take Ibuprofen, it'll help with swelling too." Spoke Reina, moving the bowl of ice from her lap.

She got up from the couch, and turned to see the small boy looking at her,
"What's your name?'' She asked.
"Ashtray."
"Ok Ashtray, what you starin' at?" Asked Reina, the boys face turning a pink color. Reina let a small giggle out.

"H-how the fuck you know all that?"
"Places." She said, shrugging, "Goodnight boys." She said as she gave them a wave before walking to the door. Slowly closing it while outside.

She took a deep breath of the cold air. Walking back to her side of the street.

'Shit, my bag.' Reina thought.

Reina walked back to the boy's house, she messed with doorknob before twisting it. Opening the door enough for her to slip in.

She walked inside, Ashtray holding a glock to her head and Fezco behind him with a knife.

"Shit, clam down!" She said, putting her hands up in defense while backing up and hitting the door.

Seeing the glock so close to her head, Reina a familiar feeling rushing through her body.

She hadn't felt that feeling in a long time.

"Fuck! Reina, you can't do shit like that!" Fezco somewhat yelled, causing Reina to slightly flinch.

Fezco turned to Ashtray, him already turning the safety on and setting it down on Fezco's dresser.

Ashtray walked away annoyed, leaving Reina and Fezco.

He looked up at hers seeing how she reacted. He noticed she was gasping for air.

"Wait, are you okay? What's wrong?" he asked, Reina felt her her eyes getting heavy. She didn't know what was happening, but she felt her legs give out. And her vision go dark.

"Reina, can you hear me? Reina!" Fezco said, lightly slapping her face.

He caught her and sat them both on his bed. Her had rested on his lap.

Reina's eyes slowly fluttered back open.

"Hey, it's ok. I'm here. You're safe." Fezco said, using his hands to grab her face. He used his thumbs to wipe the tears that had fallen.

"You're safe. I got you." He whispered.

He helped Reina sit up as he moved to kneel down in front of her.
"Tell me what's wrong," he whispered. 

"Please."

She took a deep breath, attempting to compose herself.

"When i was 10, mine and my parents house got raided. It was by people we thought we could trust." She sighed. "So seeing someone I thought I could trust, hold a gun to my head. We'll triggered something I guess."

Fezco shook his head, Reina glanced at Fezco as his jaw clenched.
"It's weird, that was like the second time I've felt that happen. But it didn't hit me that hard."she said,  Fezco sighed.
"I'm sorry-" he said, but Reina cut him off.

"You don't have to apologize, it was an accident." She said.

"Who did it?" Fezco asked, "if you don't mind telling me."
"My grandma." Reina looked down at her torso, "I've never trusted anyone enough for it to happen again."

"I am sorry, Reina." he closed his eyes. Opening them, looking into hers, "I had no idea that happened to you." He stood up, wrapping his arms around her.

"I mean how could you?" She chuckled.

"Can I ask a question tough?" he asked. Reina nodding, humming in case he didn't feel her head move.
"How are you meant to trust people after that?'' Reina giggled at what he said.

"I mean, I just had to re-learn the meaning of trust. For a while, I didn't trust anyone. Not even my dad. Especially my mom. But, after knowing someone. And seeing their intentions, you can tell if you can trust them."

Reina smiled to herself, in the span of a few hours. She had learnt to trust Fezco so quickly. She was scared of that. How could she trust someone she only just met.

He nodded at her words,
"I- i'm gonna get going." Reina whispered to him.
"You sure?" He asked.

"Yea, i just needed my backpack." Fezco backed away from Reina, letting her get up from his bed.

"Listen, i wanted to apologize for what went down tonight. I didn't mean to drag you into that shit."

Word count: 1239

Prolly gonna get into Reina's past a little👀