𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒.

it was the middle of the day, and you had just got back in from walking your dog ksubi. it was summer break and you felt like you had so much time on your hands, until you remembered school was about to start in two weeks (unfortunately). you were going to 11th grade and you didn't feel nervous at all. you were just happy that it meant you have one more year until graduation.

         "c'mon su-su" you say to your puppy as you're walking up the stairs, he follows right behind you.

        you take off your outside clothes and sit on your bed and check your phone. missed facetime call from your best friend, zaiah. "lemme call her back" you think. wonder what she wants to talk about.

        you call her back, and of course she picks up. "hey girly pop, lemme show you what i got", she says all excited and setting up her phone so you can see her and some target bags behind her,  "yess show me".  she shows you her school supplies and the cute tote bag that she had bought to use as a bookbag. after that, she begins to ramble about how a dude she was talking to would respond late, and how she was about to ghost him, and some other stuff. you loved your daily talks with your bestfriend, until she said this:

        "girl we need to find you a man".

        "now zee...." you started, "you know damn well i dont do allat' dating stuff". and she did know, yet she kept bringing it up. she was so persistent about it and you had no idea why.

        "and why nottt, i feel like you would be so much happier in a relationship, or at least talking to someone" she said.

        "im cool by myself tho zee, i dont need a man to make me feel happy, you know that."

        "yea yea, you say that all the time, but you never know maybe this year you gon' find someone unexpected"

        "i highly doubt that but you know, we gon' see"

         "yea we'll see"