13

Christian Thorne pov

I trek down the hall to my room, trying to calm down from a retrogressing anger that can whip me into doing something evil.

What are you planning Cassandra? What have you done?

Those two questions linger in my mind, capturing it and makes no attempt to release it, even on ransom.

I punch the up arrow on the elevator as my impatience take over. I hold my phone, flipping it through my hands. Seeking for clarity to know my next step. Irrationally, I want to call Cassandra and demand answers but by now I know she is good at her games.

I will get no answers from her, instead I will be where she wants me to be.

And no, I can't let her know of my recent discoveries or doubts. She will play it safe. I must catch her off guard, it is my turn now.

What she can't take at her core is being irrelevant and ignored, and the past few months that is how it has been, her words.

She loves to be in power and I am sure she is capable of doing anything to get it back.

With my recent decision it will strip her all the power she has loved to have. She is against it but my mind is made up and there is no turning back.

Katerina! Who are you?

Another thought in crime joins. Why did Cassandra fight so hard to have her as my assistant. She is ineffective and has no ounce of professionalism and ethics. The academic papers presented to me are an opposite reflection of her work. How can someone who is so academically gifted be so efficacious challenged?

There is nothing that is a coincidence. My father said and I am starting to believe it.

Cassandra is a jealous woman she ensured all my assistant never surpassed her standard of beauty while Katerina is everything she would be jealous of. Yet she brought her to me and even surprisingly engineered the idea I bring her along to this trip. Something she wouldn't agree to previously.

I don't know if she suspects that I have cheated on her. She is an intuitive woman with means. Or Katerina already confessed to her. No, she doesn't seem like someone with a conscience to do so.

The elevator doors open, and I step in just as Ava texts me to say she's gone to look around, despite the fact that she's a frequent visitor here and has no reason to accompany me. I've seen her grow, and I know what she wants, but I can't give it to her. I've been there, done that, and nothing good came of it.

Immediately I get to my room I head to my mini bar and grab a drink from it and head to the balcony to let it burn my throat hoping it will offer clarity.

I hate aimless thoughts, they are poison to my body and I would rather find a solution to them or accept my situation but not stress about it. I call my private investigator and tell him to dig deeper and see if he can uncover who Katerina is.

I did check her background like my all employees. Cases of drunk driving are the only ones that popped up. Yet still I feel like she is more that what meets the eyes.

She lives like a college student. And I am not referencing her squeezed tiny apartment. It is from the way she dresses, organizes herself, talks, her thought process is immensely flawed. Everything i would dislike in a grown adult but yet I feel like a knight that should save her.

Last night thoughts flood my head, her sensual body on top of me and how for once she was like a disciplined child as she did not so child friendly activities on me. She can ride a man, damn!