4. triggered

tw : assault attempts and violence (not in too much detail though)

"I'll get it. It's probably the pizza." Robin slipped on one of Steve's shirts over her body and trudged to the door.

KNOCK. KNOCK.

"I'm coming, can't you be-" Robins words fell short as she stared at the burly figure in front of her.

"Well, well, well. Little miss, we meet again." The man gave her a wicked smile.

*******************************************

She gulped, "Ste-"

The man slapped her face sharply, " I wouldn't do that if I were you, little miss."

Of course, Steve who always appeared at the right place and time, walked in to see the towering man hurt  the poor girl.

Pure fury bubbled over him as he snatched Robin into his arms and held her close to his chest.

"Who. the. Fuck. Are. You." He spat.

'I-its him. H-he r-raped me." Robin whimpered quietly.

All hell broke loose after that. The only thing Steve could see was red as he blindly swung punches at this guy. All he could think about was how this fucking man stole his best friends innocence and practically ruined her life.

 He screamed in rage as the man stumbled backwards with each hit.

Unbeknownst to the two men, Robin had called Chief Hopper who now speeding to the house ; Joyce, the kids and Nancy all in the car.

She whimpered lightly as Steve's fist connected with man's jaw. 

Robin needed to block them out. So she did. Rocking back and forth in the corner of the room, she fell into a trance.

Steve, bless his soul, was still fuelled by the fire of rage. His nostrils flared as he took deep breaths, beads of sweat dripping down his temple.

"P-please. Stop." The man begged.

This just made Steve angrier, " Did you fucking stop when she begged you to, huh!? You fucking bastard!"

He kept on punching over and over until the door burst open and the gang rushed in.

Steve felt himself being dragged away by two burly arms. All his adrenaline drained away and he slumped into Hopper's chest as the rest of the gang crowded around him.

Robin was still unnoticed in the corner.

Tears started streaming down his face and all the kids looked at him in shock. Steve was crying?!

However Hopper just pulled him closer as the younger man sobbed into his chest, Joyce carding her hand through his hair.

"H-he ruined Robin's life! That fucking cunt!" Steve hiccuped.

Suddenly, his head snapped up and his tears ran dry.

"ROBIN?!"

Everyone scrambled to their feet to search for the girl. Hopper handcuffed the man and took him away.

"Robin?! ROBIN?! ROBIN!!" Steve was frantic with worry.

His eyes fell on the rocking figure into the corner and sighed with relief.

"Robin!" he sunk next to her and tried to touch her shoulder.

She flinched away, still rocking back and forth.

Joyce was immediately on her other side, whispering soothing words into her ears," Robin, honey, it's Joyce. Darling, can you squeeze my hand if you can hear me?"

Squeeze.

"Good job honey. Now can you squeeze Steve's hand if you can see us?"

Squeeze.

After half an hour of gently coaxing and relaxing the girl, Robin was finally able to snap out of her trance.

"Oh my god Rob. I was so worried." Steve engulfed her in a massive hug.

She just smiled sadly and pushed him away before standing up heading to her room. 

Steve scrambled to his feet as if to follow Robin, but Nancy put a hand on his shoulder.

"Let me."

Steve gazed uneasily at her, "Fine. Just don't hurt her."

Nancy nodded appreciatively before heading over to Robin's room. She knocked on the door.

"Steve, fuck off dingus." Robins raspy voice barked.

Nancy hesitantly pushed the door open and gave a sheepish smile, " No. Not Steve. Just me. Mind if I sit with you?"

Robin shrugged from her seat on the floor.

The older girl took it as an invitation to perch herself on the foot of the bed.

They sat in silence for a while before Nancy piped up.

"You know he loves you."

"Who?"

"You know who."

The strawberry blonde girl just fiddled with her pants, so Nancy continued.

"I always thought that the strongest type of love was romantic.  Two people who are bonded together in intimacy and passion. But you and Steve..."

She trailed off.

" ...You guys are something else. Such an unbreakable bond you two share. Hell, Steve would probably stab himself in the eyes before watching you die."

Robin whispered, " I'd do anything for him as well. I'd take a bullet if he got to live."

Nancy nodded, "Exactly. So you can possibly imagine the devastation he went through when he discovered that he couldn't protect you."

Robin chuckled bitterly, "He always blames himself. That dumbass."

Nancy took the other girls hands in her own, "We are all here for you Rob. We are all here for the baby. But Steve, it's like he's going through this journey with you. Experiencing the highs and the lows just as you are. You need to understand that, and open up to him more. He is trying so hard."

Robin stayed quiet, lost in her thoughts.

Nancy wordlessly rose and left the room. 

Did she do the right thing?