Chapter Fourteen

Marcus lead us to a small sitting area, despite the neglected appearance on the outside of the cottage, inside was quite neat and clean. Eric moved to a black leather sofa so still pulled along by him, I followed. Freddy sat on my other side and Marcus sat opposite on a single recliner. The man lingered in the corner behind me, his eyes burning into the back of my head.

"Eric, you seem a little tense" I could tell Marcus was trying to provoke him, the mischievous glint in his eye glowing. I couldn't help but glare at him.

"I'm not," he lied, whining like a child. Freddy sighed beside me, seeming to be bored with the situation already.

"The girl asked us to bring her to you Marcus. We merely did as she wanted" I shot a look at Freddy, who was making it harder and harder to actually like him. Unbothered by me, he looked to Marcus who now seemed more annoyed than anything else.

"You, you wanted to see me?" He spat out in my direction, as if it was most absurd thing he ever heard. I merely nodded, my confidence slipping by the second.

"Eric, Frederick, why don't you two and Finn see if we can provide the guest some tea?" His suggestion was an order and I could see Eric fighting it.

"Now brother" Freddy had gotten up and looked back at him expectantly. Eric offered a smile to me and did as they were asked leaving me alone with Marcus. 

"Well, you wanted to see me?" he sat back clearly amused at my discomfort. Before I could think of what to say he started instead.

"All the information I have found out about you is quite interesting Elizabeth. Your mother a witch. Your father a werewolf. So what does that make you?" he wondered, his eyes met mine and I felt the challenge. Any fear I felt left then, sitting up a little straighter in the chair.

"My Mother is not a witch," I snapped, not touching the subject of my father despite the curiosity that was there. He smirked, his hand tapping on the arm of the chair he sat on.

"No? Then how do you think Margaret is here? And I know you know about her. Her magic is all over your house. She died, many many years ago. Someone bought her back" I gulped, he was right. How was she here? Mum had never done anything with magic, if she had wouldn't we know? Catching her outside with Margaret had been strange, how many times had she been out there without me knowing? Sure she had her visions and 'feelings' and she told me Margaret never passed on her knowledge to anyone, not wanting her family to suffer the curse of it. Or so Mum had told me.

"Ah, so I am right then?" I frowned at his words, as my silence was all he needed to verify his beliefs. What was his issue with thinking I am a witch? And what if I was. Aren't his kind meant to want one on their side?

"Enough about me. I came because I wanted to know why you have them follow me. What was going on at the ball but more importantly, what happened that night in the forest." My change of subject threw him and he shifted uncomfortably.

"What night in the forest?" he ignored the other questions and I knew he had the answer.

"You know exactly what night I am talking about" I replied, the more he looked uncomfortable the better I was feeling.

 "Well, that confirms it then, you most certainly take after your mother" he spat out, looking at me like I was nothing but dirt to him. Inside the feeling of the creature inside me stirred, gone was her calming comfort, she was as mad as a tornado and wanted me to knock that look of his face. She did not like the disrespect coming off him and I knew I would have to tell someone about what I was soon. The feelings she sent off were hard to control, what it be like in a few years if I was to be like them? Would I be locked away in a mental institution by then completely mad? I closed my eyes taking deep breaths, thinking calming thoughts when William came to mind. Amazingly that seemed to settle her but the anger was still there.