1

Growing up in a small town in Pennsylvania was hard. I didn't like growing up there. There was nothing to do, nothing to see and it was the same old shit every day. I just didn't want to stay there forever so that's what I did. I moved to New York with my best friend Alana right after high school. My family didn't think it was a good idea and thought I could never handle New York with my social anxiety and how introverted I am. At least we didn't move to the city. We only live 15 minutes from it.

Alana goes to photography school in the city. She's so talented and she worked so hard to get here. I'm so proud of her. As for me, I'm 22 years old and I have no idea what to do with my life. I mean I have some time to figure it out it's just that life is fucking hard. I hate being an adult. I take some online classes and work at the record store in the city and volunteer at the library. My favorite things are music and books. Trust me I enjoy my job but it's not enough to pay the bills.

Alana's parents bought us an apartment right outside of New York City. Every time I see them I thank them for how much they helped us. They bought us the apartment but we still gotta pay the utilities which isn't easy. I will forever be grateful to them. They're like a second family to me and I told them that I'll repay them as soon as I can but they always shake it off and say it's no need to worry and it's a graduation present.

A couple of weeks ago Harry Styles announced his tour and Alana and I got tickets. They're not the best seats but I don't care. I've been saving and taking extra shifts at the record store. I've been wanting to see him forever now and I'm so excited. The concert is at the end of August and it's currently the end of February. His music has helped me so much throughout my life and the fact of seeing him in 7 months is crazy to me.

Tonight we're celebrating my best friend's birthday. I can't believe she's turning 23. We've been best friends since we were 15. I remember we were in art class and I had no partner. No one wanted to be my partner because of how quiet I was but she didn't mind. She said all the other kids were annoying and loud. Which made me laugh cause she was the same way. She wasn't annoying but she was loud and very much a people person. All these years she brought out the best of me and she made me feel comfortable with who I was. I'm not as shy as when I was younger but I still have social anxiety.

"BITCH HURRY THE FUCK UP!" Alana yells from the end of the hallway. "COMING!" I yell back. I quickly look in the mirror and decide if I should really wear this or not.

I'm wearing high-waisted ripped jeans, a black lace bralette, and a big leather jacket with fur inside because it's fucking cold. I mean I wanna look good but also wanna be warm so.

I quickly get my bag and walk swiftly to the hallway and into the living room.

"There you are, the Uber should be here soon," Alana said fixing her lipstick in the mirror.

"Do I look alright?" I said fixing my hair and tucking it behind my ear. Alana turns around and has a smirk on her face.

"Babe you look hot, especially with the bralette underneath," Alana said fixing my jacket to my bralette can show more. Alana is wearing a black little dress with sheer leggings underneath.

"You look hot too but please tell me you're wearing a coat over top. It's 35 degrees outside" I laugh walking over to our coat rack.

"Thanks, and don't worry B all covered" she said walking over and grabbing a big puffy coat off the couch.

Alana announces that the Uber is here and I can feel the anxiety starting to come. My hands start to shake and my heart is beating really fast. I know once I'm there and have a few drinks I'll be fine. It's just the preparing that gets me nervous.

Once we are in the car Alana notices and turns to me and says "hey you're okay. We're gonna have fun and meet some hot ass men alright?"

I laugh and shake my head I grab her hand leave the car and say "hell yeah we are, it's my bitches birthday tonight!"