Satisfaction; Chapter 4

It was noon. I popped up slowly and coughed in my arm. Good thing I have evening shift today. I threw the covers off and just layed in bed. "Hm..I need a shower.." I stood up.

I went in the bathroom and washed my face off. Then I started to get ready for the shower when someone knocked. I heard Rufus, my cat, screetch and run under my feet. "oh darn." I crossed my arms and grabbed my robe and walked to the door. "Who is it?"

"Uh..hey Vivian. It's me, Randy..I came to just talk okay. I really feel bad for harrasing you sweetie, I love you so much" He knocked again.

Oh hell no I'm not letting this guy inside my apartment. "Randy, go away now!" I screamed and double locked the door. Randy knocked again.

"Common baby, please let me in let's talk.." He pleaded. I wasn't gonna fall for his stupid tricks.

"You're gonna hurt me just like you did last time! You, go away now." I frowned. My heart was racing, Randy gets mad very easy.

"God dammit, let me in now!" Randy started to bang on the door and I began to cry. "Vivian, if you don't let me in I'm gonna break in myself!" He banged louder and louder.

Soon I heard my neighbor come out and yell at Randy, telling him if he didn't stop banging on my door, they would call the cops. So I finally heard Randy leave and I went out to check.

Wow what a waist of time. It's already 1:00 and I have to be at work by 2:30. So I jumped in a quick shower and then got out. I got in the same things I got in yesterday because I felt so good in them. Then I really curled my hair and let it fall past my shoulders. I put on dark red lipstick, which I love, and then sprayed some other perfume on.

"Rufus..come get it!" I smiled cheerfully as my grey tabby came romping around the corner for his food. I decided to give him just a little surprise with some soft food and milk this morning.

"I'm off, watch the house for me" I laughed and patted Rufus's back and grabbed my keys. Then I was off to work.

"Miss Harper!" I gulped when hearing that particular voice call out my name as I entered the restaurant. "I need to see you!"

"Yes Mr.Birks?" I smiled, putting on my best show.

"I really don't want to do this but...I think after today you should be layed off." My mouth dropped. Layed off? Does he mean, me pratically be fired for a while? No your joking.

"Uh..uh..why sir? Have I done anything wrong?" I tried not to burst into tears, if I loose my job I won't being to pay rent anymore and I'll get kicked out of my apartment.

"No Harper..you see, it's just we don't need you..but you can work today. Tomorrow, don't come back.." He mumbled coldly.

"A-alright." I shook my head and then nodded, walking in the back to get myself ready.

"Oh Saundra...." I teared up walking up to her.

"What's wrong? Sweetie today's a good day remember!" He hugged me.

"It's also my last day.." I mumbled.

"Shhhh...it's okay...." She continued to hug me as I cried on her shoulder.

"I won't be able to pay rent on my apartment.." I paused. "Me..and Rufus...we won't have a home! I've already missed two payments" I shook my head. This can't be real I just got the job.

"Just..let's work it out today okay?" She smiled at me and I nodded.

To be continued..