Chapter One

Mille Atlas, a name everyone at Green Village High knows well, for all the wrong reasons. I'm the easiest target for bullying , and the least "normal". Just because of what happened in middle school, 4 years ago. The date in my diary was April 29th, my 7th grade self decided it would be a great idea to ask Danielle Schmitt to the spring fling.  Dani's the most popular girl at Green Village. I went up to her with pigtails, braces, and a single rose in my hand. Everyone laughed at me, I made myself the outcast with one singular decision. Fast forward back to junior now, now, the end of the day. After the bell rang I went to my locker, tore down all the post its with f-slurs and insults written on it, and opened it to retrieve my coat and books, and walk to my older sister Jenny's car. Once we got home, my parents were already home and on the couch in the living room. This was odd because normally they would still be at work right now. They talked to me in a soft tone. "Millie," My dad said, "There's going to be a new foreign exchange student at your school, and we've decided to host her." I nodding agreeingly and understandingly. Then he said "You are going to have to share your room with her, since you already have a bunk bed you don't use the bottom half of."  "Makes sense." I said. I didn't know who this girl was, or what her views on anything was, but I was both intrigued and nervous at the same time. I learned that her name is Wendy, and she's from London, England. I saw a photo of her and, to be honest, she's really pretty.She's tall with long, wavy blonde hair, blue eyes, nose piercing, and the cutest freckles of them all. She probably would never like me, Mille Atlas, short with messy brown hair, brown eyes, with a lack of definition in my cheekbones and jawline. My dad told me her flight would arrive here tomorrow evening, and I couldn't wait.