One| The Collection

Savannah

The pounding on the wall gradually got louder and more steady

The pounding on the wall gradually got louder and more steady. I could faintly hear a low moan but luckily the walls weren't that thin. I sat up and threw the comforter off before placing my feet inside of my house slippers and making my way out of the bedroom. I had barely been in my new apartment for a month and my neighbor made sure he got some twenty out of the past twenty five days. He was not giving that dick a rest.

Whenever I arrived home from my morning jog, it seemed like a different woman was leaving. There had been repeats of multiple women, bringing my tally to four different women in total that were having sex with whomever occupied the condo next door.

I hadn't yet laid eyes on Mr. Serial Dater but I was intrigued. He was either rich, had a big penis, or was fine as hell. I was honestly hoping for all three because his roster was top notch.

Woman One was a slender, brown skinned woman with wavy black hair that flowed past her shoulders. She had round brown eyes with a button nose and full lips. She was about 5'7 with an hourglass figure and pretty teeth. She always waved shyly whenever we ran into each other. And I had to admit that she was my favorite out of the four.

Woman Two was a short and curvy beautiful light skinned woman with a short pixie cut. Her features were sharp; slanted eyes, high cheekbones. She never spared a glance in my direction as we passed and I liked that. She was not going out of her way to be fake and honestly, I respected that.

Woman Three was a tall white woman with red curly hair and green eyes. She reminded me of Julia Roberts in her younger days. She flashed that condescending smile white people usually flashed at Black people. I would normally return the gesture before adding another tally to her name. She was neck and neck with Woman One in the amount of nightly visits.

Woman Four had only visited twice so far. She looked foreign, from somewhere in the Middle East with long black hair that flowed down her back and tanned skin. She had bumped into me as I was locking my door one morning and barely said excuse me. That automatically put her rude ass at the bottom of the harem.

I made my way into my kitchen, wondering which one was getting the pipe tonight and pulled out a variety of fruit and proceeded to make myself a smoothie before making my way to the couch, grabbing the neck of my guitar from it's stand as I passed.

After a few sips, I sat the cup on the table before placing the instrument on my lap, lazily strumming the strings.

"I'm a sinner and loving me will seem like the longest fuckin' winter. I thought you would melt my heart but I can't even let you enter. With the way you have me questioning things, lets me know I'm still here due to reminiscing."

I reached onto the table and picked up my notebook and pencil before quickly scribbling down the lyrics. This song needed to be done by the end of the week and with the way the inspiration was flowing. I knew I would definitely meet my goal.

After writing for another hour or two the sun was slowly making its way into the sky. Time always slipped away once I was in my element. I threw on workout clothes and stretched before leaving my condo and making my way into the elevator.

By the time I made it back from my run and back onto my floor, the door was closing and I missed seeing his face once again but Woman Two and I made eye contact as I made my way to my door. She quickly looked away as usual and I shrugged, placing my key into the lock.

I entered my apartment, placed the guitar back on its stand and continued to pick up things and wash dishes before I finally headed to the shower.

Since I knew my sleep would be uninterrupted, I completed my face routine and applied lotion over my body before pulling on a pair of cotton panties and placing an oversized T-shirt over my head. This nap was much needed.

—————-

The next few nights didn't have any commotion coming from next door and I was more than happy to not be woken up out of my sleep. My brother was visiting in a few weeks and the first thing we were doing was moving my bed to another wall.

After my morning jog, I made my way to one of my favorite coffee shops for a breakfast sandwich and water. I didn't like coffee and wasn't going to pretend I did. I made my way down the block to my building, seeing someone standing in front of the elevator. He was also dressed in workout clothes and I couldn't stop myself if I wanted to as I admired his body.

His physique was a work of art and I could tell that without needing him to turn around.

He must of felt my presence and glanced back before his ringing phone grabbed his attention. The elevator finally arrived and we both moved to step on. He walked towards the back and I was able to quickly soak in his face before turning around and pressing my floor.

"Which floor?" I couldn't resist looking back and staring at his handsome face again.

"6." He replied.

It was the same as mine.

I leaned against the wall and continued to listen to the music that pumped through my air pods, feeling his eyes on me but I was determined not to look back over.

Once we arrived on the floor, I quickly made my way to my door fumbling for my key that was inside of my fanny pack, seeing him walk up to the door next to mine.

"You're Mr. Serial Dater?" As soon as the words left my mouth, I immediately regretted them.

His eyebrows scrunched together before a playful smile appeared on his lips. "What did you just call me?"